Holomark2_R6 is ready to test!
But be warned! It can take as much as 10 minutes to complete on high end systems!!!
Since I have had too much to do lately I have not been able to finish off Holomark3 yet, so after a lot of pretty-please’s I descided to rewrite Holomark2 so it supports Rhino 6 properly.
It is a little bit cooler though, since Rhino 6 is cooler and faster I decided to put some (cool - pun intended) white flames on the mini and paint the car black, lower it a bit and add some white walls to the tires.
Because small can be badass too!
There might be some issues with this and it will install some display modes. They simulate Rhino5 as good as possible to give a fair comparison to the original Holomark2, but you still might like them. If you don’t like them then just delete them after you have played with Holomark2_R6.
Remember to save before you run, and it can crash your system with out warning so close all other important programs too, because I have not tried it on many systems yet!
I have done some work to make it a smooth experience on Rhino 6 though, and here are the changes and the know limitations:
Improvements over Holomark2:
- ESC to cancel the test works better.
- Vertical syncronization is turned off for the Rhino session to
(We can’t be limited to 60 fps, now can we?)
- AA level is included in the system stats
- It starts of populating 10 cars at a time to slice some time off the test.
Known bugs / limitations:
- It is normal (for now) that the view is located close to the lower right corner
- It takes a loooooong time to complete on high end systems due to the way it tests one and one mini… Sorry about that, Holomark3 won’t be like this!
- The installer should install the plug-in for Rhino6 only
Please report any issues and scores and feel free to chat about hardware here.
Keep in mind that this doesn’t necessarily simulate your everyday workscenario and faster than 60 fps is not needed for your 60hz monitor, but it is needed to give a fast system a higher score.
I expect to post updates to the file so I post the installer in the next post.