I noticed that Rhino 7 has a series of noticeable downgrades compared to Rhino 6 in the way of selecting custom colours via the “Select color” pop-up window (the “Custom color list” preset must be selected). This is sad, because the implementation in Rhino 6 was much more user-friendly.
- Rhino 6 allowed to press and hold the left mouse button over any colour and then move the mouse pointer up or down, in order to DYNAMICALLY select the desired colour. That also helped with adjusting the choice at the lest moment, if a wrong colour was selected. However, Rhino 7 introduced a completely different menu for the “Select color” pop-up window that will no longer allow a dynamic selection of the custom colour. Instead, it will require an extra mouse click to choose a different colour, if a wrong one was selected in the last moment.
- The list of custom colours in Rhino 6 had an auto-scrolling function that worked wonderfully well. Rhino’7 auto-scrolling is broken, does not work most of the time and will stop after browsing through a few colours at the down direction. Picking a colour at the top will not trigger an auto-scrolling to the up direction. This is very strange, especially when Rhino 6 had it executed so well.
- Also, Rhino 6 allowed to press and hold the mouse pointed over any colour from the list and then rotate the mouse wheel to scroll through the entire list of available colours. Rhino 7 will not let you do the same; instead, upon selection of a colour it will lock the window and it will no longer be able to scroww up or down unless the mouse button is released again.
- Rhino 6 showed a list of custom colours and HSV (hue, saturation, value) picker simultaneously. Rhino 7 no longer allows this and instead will force you to use either a list of colours or a HSV picker, but never both.
- Rhino 6’ HSV picker showed the numerical values of Hue, Saturation, Value, Red, Green and Blue in their respective boxes in real time. They were also very handy for manual modification of the values. However, Rhino 7’s HSV colour picker lacks those useful 6 boxes and replaced them with an Opacity slider.