Microsoft continues to march toward a rollout of the new Window 10 Creators update. At this time we recommend DO NOT use this update. At this time the update is a “soft rollout” and the upgrade must be manually started. At this point there only a few that have the update.
Some of the issues we are seeing:
- Some customers have had crashing problems. Most of these problems have been fixed by updating video drivers to newest version.
- The update also enables previously disabled plugins. The new update seems to reset the registry.
- The Creators update has a new way to deal with high DPI settings. This is especially problematic as the Layer panel may not draw any of the layers.
Some other things we have tried:
- Rhino 5 using no additional setting will use the Manifest trick. The text and toolbar buttons are the correct size, but the Layer panel does not work.
- Rhino 5 using the Application setting will display everything, but the Toolbar buttons and buttons in the layer control are quite small.
- Rhino 5 using the System option will make the text and toolbar look correct, but the layer panel does not work.
- Rhino 5 using System Enhanced will force the viewports to redraw in the incorrect location.
- Rhino 6 using no extra settings works fine.
We are currently trying to determine how to solve these issues. If you are having any issues, please post on this thread.