Tool palettes bug

I have this macro for the left screen edge: _ToggleActiveToolPalettes (Rhino Preferences -> Mouse -> Screen Edges) - and in Rhino Preferences -> Tool Palette I have “Hide tool palettes when starting commands” checked. When I touch the left screen edge my chosen palettes ‘pop out’ (as they should) and when I start a command they disappear (as they should). However… When I finish the command the palettes pop out again - which they shouldn’t. This happens regardless of what command I’m using.
@dan

Philip

Any chance this could be fixed before the next WIP?
@dan

Philip

We recently fixed a major bug with Hide tool palettes when starting commands. Are you still experiencing this bug in the latest RhinoWIP?

Yes, still a problem. That fix didn’t help, unfortunately. The problem is still here in Version 7 WIP (7.0.20042.12036, 2020-02-11).

Philip

Here’s a video of the problem (I usually don’t have all these toolbars ‘pop out’, though).

Philip

I would expect the tool palettes to reappear. I interpret “Hide tool palettes when starting commands” as “Hide tool palettes when starting commands (and show them again when the command ends).” It sounds like that is not your expectation. Perhaps I’m completely misunderstanding how that feature is used or expected to work.

No Dan, sorry, absolutely not! They should appear only when hitting the screen edge - and disappear when starting a command. Nothing else (this is the way they work in V6 and V5 - you can check if you like)! Otherwise the toolbars would be visible and obstructing the view 90 % of the time when modelling (like they are doing now).

Sorry, but yes, I think you are.
I’d like to have them working the way they do/did in V6 and V5.

Philip