Rhino V5 FREEZE: Win 10 1709, nVidia display adapters, & V-Ray 3

Thanks Peter.

Best Regards

Newest windows update and nvidia drivers installed…
No crash yet, but the graphic is still really weird… (since the last major win update)…
(Rhino 5 64-bit: Maximizing a viewport results in a low-res (pixelated) cached/static view of such viewport)
Any chance this will get fixed…?

Hi there. I have the same issue today, I install the latest window update and graphic card driver update (i m using GTX1070). Any one could help me??

PS I cant find the quality update KB4058043, I only have KB4041994 and KB4056892. Is there anything I can do to fix it? It is really annoying

Thank you

Is it because I updated the January quality update, which is KB4056892?

Update: I uninstalled the vray 3 and it works completely well. But I cant get any further update neither on window nor GPU driver. Sad

I reinstalled Windows 10 because I bought an SSD and surprise: NOT FIXED.

PD: It is really weird I monitored the RAM usage and it was at just 30% when the freeze took place.

Does Rhino v6 Release Candidate 1 ( Rhino 6 Release Candidate 1 Available ) work better?

Does V-Ray for Rhino 5 work with Rhino 6?

Not with the public builds yet.

Possible solution…

We had been trying V-ray 3.0 now for some weeks and discovered the problem some of us had before when the machines freeze was because compatibility when using previous version models, materials and scene settings.

If you clean your models and start fresh files it should not be any problem or crashes. Or at least was not any extra crashes for us.

Let me know if this works for you. it is some work create new materials and be sure of purge everything properly but really pays off when everything is smooth again :slight_smile:

Mine just feezes for the simple fact of having it installed (even in 2D only files :disappointed:).

The only effective workarround for me is to disable the plugin and load it only for renders. I have to cross my fingers and disable it again as soon as the render ends.

same problem here in Copenhagen. installed vray 3.0 on 80 machines. cant use it, because it crashes all the time. using vray 2.0…that’s not an update. :rage:

For me it also fails even if 2D geometry doesn’t go with material by layer and I make sure there is not any non Vray 3 unpurge materials in the file.

Maybe that works for you too? Is not a good solution and Chaos group should fix this but seems to work for us at the moment.

Updating to the latest and very new Vray 3.6 could be the solution.

Latest being V-Ray 3.60.01 is now available!

1 Like

Okay what I found useful is after you updated all of your drivers, just simply reinstall vray. Hope this ll help u guys

Having a similar issue here on Rhino 5 (64bit), Vray3, Windows 10 version 1709.

Every time I start processing even the smallest render on Vray it freezes, the screen goes blue and the computer restarts.

The computer has an Intel Core i7 3.7GHz, 32GB RAM,
and NVIDIA Quadro K2200 (390.65)

You can uninstall that upgrade windows .

Vray 3.6 for Rhino 5 SR 14 issues again.
Impossible to open/load/read “Master File” with external block links connected.
Rhino Crash all time.
We found this is because one of the 2 possibilities.
a) Materials overrides causing crash right after open Master File.
b) Every file which have to many block, when opening block manager Rhino crash again.

or…
z) Vray 3.6 change its algorithm from Texture Placement. Now we have to enable Mirror U/V parameters for small textures take place properly all over objects.

I have report this situation to Chaos Group, but as always they take some time to answer.
I am still waiting for their help help.

Download the installer again from chaos group site and re install vray 3.6.

The linked block issue is solved. :wink:

What??
the linked block is gone? So what we gone about all our architecture project files that have linked external references. I mean every all our files here at office are linked.

Do we have to stay/downgrade in Vray 3.4?
There is a solution?
For now its impossible to access our Master files.