PBR Materials new in Rhino WIP

you mean the render mesh settings, i guess …

For raytraced you’ll have to toggle the viewport mode when making changes to displacement stuff.

ok, i do it it like this but there still no results … the same …test.3dm (149.1 KB)

You need to uncheck the Simple planes setting too:

jesus it`s amazing … uauuu looks incredible
althogh quite grafic card or processor consumig … and i thought i have a good machine …hahhaha

A post was split to a new topic: CPU/Graphics settings for Rhino 7

Good morning, great job!. I have some doubts about importing external libraries (Quixel megascan surfaces). There is an option to export to external folders and it would be fun to import and create tons of pbr materials automatically in Rhinoceros.

@wim
Would it be possible to import the materials with the folder name as the material name? Currently it assigns the name of the first layer ‘albedo’ or must be changed manually.
Also, it could automatically recognize and generate the materials that are included in the subfolders, I think it would be easier to work with them (similar to unreal engine loading process).
Converting these quixel materials from subfolders to pbr rhino materials, automatically.

This process is also interesting.
RhinoBridge release - Plug Ins - McNeel Forum

thank you very much and great job

Hi @little_grasshopper ,

They way it currently works is to take one or more Zip folders with PBR texture sets and drag and drop them into a Rhino viewport. You’ll get asked what channels to put the textures in as the materials get created in the Materials panel. You can do this with multiple zip files at once too.

If you’d like a different loading procedure make a new post in a new thread here on the forum in the Rendering category and supply a sample folder structure with a few texture sets in it to explain what you’ll be starting with. We can file the feature request or it may be possible for one of the rendering devs to make a script to do what you’d like already.