In Rhino 7’s new modern render engine for designers needing improved realism of a design quickly. The new engine is faster and produces much better results. All the tools run within Rhino allowing for quick design iterations.
This new rendering engine supports:
- We have replaced Rhino Render with a new, modern, progressive rendering engine. The new engine is faster, produces much better results - especially in scenes with complex lighting, such as interiors - and can run on modern GPUs, including nVidia’s RTX raytracing accelerators.
Physically based material: Use layers of textures to create realistic materials. (PBR Materials Documentation) - Forum discussion 31
Advanced lighting model with falloff for light objects, advanced skylight and light emitted from other objects create far more realistic scenes.
Filmic Tone Mapping: Get darker darks and richer colors through better light exposure. See the image on the right:
Denoiser filters available - Render much faster using denoisers to create final images quicker.
- Refined rendering workflow - Work faster in realtime as the viewport and Rhino Render now share all rendering information, allowing a workflow with predictable results throughout.
- Image Adjustment for fine tuning the rendering. Adjust colors, contrast and brightness before saving the image.
- Material Mapping upgrades including double-sided material for one material on one side of a face and a different material on the other side. Also additional mapping coordinate systems.
Clipping Planes are now supported.
- Developer: extendable Post-effects, tone mapping and final image filters.
- Download Rhino 7 WIP for Windows or Mac
- For a general workflow overview, visit the Realtime Rendering Tutorials.
- Visit some of the links above to see details on new rendering features.
- Ask questions and give feedback on the Rendering WIP forum.
This is a work in progress feature and we are looking for feedback.