Block name conflict pop up


#1

Just installed the latest version of WIP, closed what I was working on in V5 and reopened in WIP and immediately had this pop up

This is the first time Ive seen it, and the box to check “Do this for all block name conflicts” if checked acts as it was unchecked as well


(John Brock) #2

I just tried it here and it seems to be working as expected.

My sample files both had defined blocks in them named 1, 2, 3, and 4.
I allowed the first renaming and was asked for the second. Then I clicked on the “Do this for…” and was not asked about renaming blocks 3 and 4.


#3

I have a few more blocks then that. I took two screen shots of the Block manager pop of the same file, one opened in WIP and the other in V5. The first 15 lines show an error and then begin the block list. The second one of V5 just shows the block as they should.


(Brian Gillespie) #4

@RBL is it possible for you to send the files that show this problem? If so, please upload them here: http://www.rhino3d.com/upload and mention the URL of this Discourse thread in the comments.


#5

I sent the file that was requested. If you need all files associated with this let me know.

I just reopened this in V5 with no issues, it just opened up. I closed and reopened in V6 and the update blocks dialog window opened up. The attached PDF has the screen shots as I saw them.

WIP SCREEN SHOT.pdf (139.6 KB)


(Brian Gillespie) #8

Thanks, I’ve got the file.


(Pascal Golay) #9

So far I cannot reproduce this - @RBL - is this consistent- can you repeat it?

thanks,

-Pascal


#10

It’s consistent, and repeatable. Any file that has linked and embedded blocks will have the “Block Definitions to Update” window pop up where it states the linked files have changed, any file that is linked would show that there as a newer version available. If it was opened in V5 this dialogue window would not open as there have been no changes.

If "Update now” is selected, the block name conflict windows starts to pop up one after another even if “Do this for all block name conflicts” and “use file”is checked Once all its done with the multiple window opening and box checking is done the file finely opens. If blockmangager is opened there will be several error messages before the block list opens. What seems to be common is that in larger files I’ll see this and in smaller files may not see this to the same extent.

I’ve also noticed if “update all” was selected at start up that the blocks don’t always show as updated in Blockmangager once opened, that the drive name is not always shown in the linked file name in block manager. And that smaller files seem to have less problems and open more or less normally except for the Update block window which always pops up

Another thing I noticed is that the Block Preview window isn’t working either.

Below is a screen shot of blockmanager in V6

And the same screen shot in but in V5

There are many missing blocks in V6 that show in V5 and the preview window shows a detail as shown in the 2 screen shots

Also I’ve noticed that in V6 there be statement that there are hidden block definitions at the bottom of the Blockmanager window that don’t exist in V5