Block name conflict pop up

I wish this would get fixed. I still work in V5 because of this problem, but sometimes the project gets so big that I need V6 to handle the video. Then I’ll save to a step file, then reopen in V6 so the block dialog box doesn’t pop up 2,000 times. It usually works, but not always as some surface may not save correctly in step and then reopen correctly in V6. And of course you loose links to the blocks but they are still blocks…Have not spent a lot of time in V7 Thought this would be a priority to resolve.

It’s on the developers list as a “7.x” item. That means the developer is aware of it, and plans to fix it in the 7.x service release cycle.

Awaiting this fix keenly in our office as the team spending far too much time clicking endlessy to open files when updating nested blocks through to our master arrays.

Today I had IT down load the latest version of WIP and it looks like the block management issue has been solved. Since the latest version is only good for 3 days I wont have much time to play with it, but I am very encouraged. Rhino 7 video is a little sluggish compared to Rhino 6 but still much faster then Rhino 5. I opened files created in both Rhino 6 and Rhino 5 and other then some pop up about a font missing (its there when opened in Rhino 5)

This was my biggest complaint about Rhino 6 There was more to the block issue then updating them when opening a file from and older version. Linked blocks created in V 6 also had their own issues and those seem to be fixed as well

So I am going to go ahead and have IT update my license to Rhino 7 when they can get to it.

Spoke to soon. Something is not right with block edit. Some blocks open in another window, others ask the same question

. This is a current project that started in Rhino 5 but migrated to 6 since newer users only have Rhino 6

Please fix this issue.

The “Block name conflict” pop up when opening a file can take up to 20 minutes at least to sort through every time I open a file. These tasks include: correcting file paths of missing block instances, confirming to use the same block name as the one in the model, checking “do this for all block name conflict.” (which does not work, either). Then once the file is opened, I save the file, but I still have to run through all these pop-ups EVERY time I open the file. Why doesn’t RhinoMac save these preferences once you’ve clicked through them? If I manually go through the blockmanager and redefine each of the block name conflicts that I’ve scribbled down from the pop-up only then will Rhino save these. Manually going through block manager and checking that all my nested blocks are Linked and Active then I can reduce the amount of “The current model has a block with the same name…” is the only solution I’ve found to reducing the start up pop ups.

Additionally, Is there a way to change the defaults of the pop-up buttons to perhaps just click through with “Enter” as this:

Rhino7
Catalina 10.15.7
2019 Apple Mac Book Pro 16"
Processor :
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory :
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics :
AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

1 Like

RH-59783 is fixed in Rhino 7 Service Release 13 Release Candidate

1 Like

I just had an update installed. Not sure if its specific to RH-59783. With the update the issue I have with the block name conflict is still present.

Hi @RBL,

The fix above is for scripting the BlockManager command. If you are scripting _-BlockManager _Update _All, then please provide a reliable way of repeating.

Thanks,

– Dale

OK you lost me there…

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, proprietary, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.

Have anyone tried to make a script after this fix? Iam also having this problem.

/Fredrik