URGENT Rhino 6 will not start - Stuck on "Retrieving License from Manager"

As the title says, I can’t get rhino to launch. The loading screen stalls on “retrieving license from license manager.” I just bought the program a few days ago, so there shouldn’t be a licensing issue yet.

I’m really at a loss for what to do

How can I remove my license from rhino without opening rhino?

Edit: Behind the loading screen is another bar that says “please wait” with an option to cancel. The tab under License says my license requires validation but doesn’t provide any information on how to do that

Edit: I tried removing my license from the cloud and adding it to my computer, but now I rhino is linked to my personal computer but still not verifying. I think I need to add it to the cloud but I cannot open up rhino from my computer to remove the license. When I try to open rhino it opens up a license verification dialogue but if i put in my license it says it’s in use by my personal computer

Maybe you can find a solution is this topic?

Thanks, I looked through it but unfortunately it didn’t help out… I’ll call customer support tomorrow and see what happens

For whatever reason rhino runs now, it just asks to validate my license and fails 100% of the time. Sometimes it won’t start and asks for a license but usually works if I just try it again

call sales between 8-5 pst

, it sounds like your seat has not been properly validated. You’ll need to do this or rhino will quit running-

Ph: (206) 545-7000