Smoother geometry | Dendro, exoskeleton or?

unhandled
( Charles C.) #1

Hi community,

I try to make a pillar from lines with different radius that could further be smoothen. Any expert of Exoskeleten or Dendro can help me out :wink: .

here is my try out. Blue pillar is made with dendro but have wierd transitions. Exoskeleton give me also wierd results at nodes… and straigh parts are wavy …

test_pillar_smooth_CC_v1.gh (12.9 KB)

-CC

0 Likes

(ryein) #2

instead of the ‘curve to volume’ component i would use the ‘points to volume’. you can then change the radius at various points along each curve to get cleaner transitions.

pillar_points.gh (13.2 KB)

1 Like

(Bumaye) #3

Hi Charles C. ,

Dendro is a great plugin, but for this case, I would use something like Exoskeleton or even better the Fattener from Daniel Piker ( Skeleton fattener + mesh cage morph ) . It is a great tool to “fatten” curves with different thicknesses.
Have a look at the attachment,

greetings,
Bumayepillar_fattener.gh (7.9 KB)

1 Like

( Charles C.) #4

@ryein , thankss it solve the kink issue :slight_smile: ! At lease I can go with that. Are you aware if there is a way to have more control at kinks ? like something 1 step more smooth.

@bumaye Can you link a picture of your script, I’m under R5 and some component are missing in the Gh definition (like multiplicator). I really want to test out the Fattener option !

Regards,
-CC

0 Likes