That explode annotation text fix was for v5.3 which is the WIP while the current release version is 5.2.4. If you have a purchased license you can download and use the WIP too but the fix isn’t in the current release yet.
So it’ll get into the release/evaluation version soon I imagine but I’m not sure when that will be exactly, just wanted to let you know it’s on deck.
thanks Brian yes i got that, just curious or want to be sure that there is no further misunderstanding since its a little riddled with all those different bug files, and annotation is less an issue rather than text itself to be exploded.
i unfortunately have no commercial version at that point, i was hoping to buy one. but since this bug which i came to attend this forum a bit more for in around september is still not fixed and i am a little afraid to do that purchase while still waiting for a version that works. i would´ve loved to buy it with this low price promo still before it switches in january… but thats just too risky…
You can return Rhino for a full refund at any time for any reason if you aren’t happy. So there shouldn’t be any risk. I recently tried to get a refund for a small app I bought and got no help from the company making it so I can understand the general opinion that software purchases can be risky. We do things differently, so go ahead and get the deal if you can. Thanks!
thanks Brian… that would be great… its just that my student license has expired exactly 3 weeks ago and because i am not at the university till march that opportunity has departed its train station. or any clue whom i could ask who could close an eye on this one till they get the enrollment confirmation in march? hope i dont sound like a sucker now
thanks again Brian, just did that, i hope that the functions will be up to date sooner or later, buying it now is a bit of a blindfold action… but ok lets see.
Hi @dan the baby is coming slowly to life but there is still something wrong with the spacing. the orange lines are the exploded text (finally that works) from rhino with the rhino text in cyan above of it which seems to decrease the spacing when saved as pdf.
Hi Guys, how about the original issue of the whole print view not relating to the pdf output when switched from raster output to vector - has this been resolved in the latest WIP? To recap, currently I find myself spending a lot of time trying to get a PDF that fits into the printable page…I can set the print view up very quickly with extents or window, but the vector output PDF is always offset.
Hi John, I’ve just downloaded the 5.4WIP and tested the Print to PDF feature and I’m afraid it’s still doing the same thing - I can save a PDF and it will be exactly as shown in the Print Preview window when set up in the Raster mode, but if you select Vector output, and Save as PDF, then it’s pushing the drawing to the top left corner…really annoying!
I am not seeing any positioning issues with Mac Rhino 5.4 WIP 5E7w on 10.11.6. Here’s a PDF I made today from your original model. I gave it big margins to make sure any shifts would be obvious.
Hi Marlin, I’ve set up another printer - different make - but, it’s still doing the same thing. Both printers have a tendency to place the printed area slightly offset anyway when printing from other software, but there is a notable difference when printing in raster and then changing to vector. All content will be on the output (actual printed page) when in raster, but once swapped to vector, the print is further offset to the left and top (in landscape mode).
Your latest PDFs do not match the 3DM file you posted here: Saving as PDF issues. We need consistent information from you if we are to have any hope of duplicating what you seeing.
Please also report the exact printer manufacturer and printer model you are using when testing. So far we cannot duplicate the page shift you are describing using a number of different printers.