RH7 - Make2D with clipping plane - invisible lines

Hello,
if i make2D draw with clipping plane then Rhino create invisible lines (behind cutting plane) in “visible” layer although are invisible lines creating disable in make2D context window.
Make i somwhere mistake, or this behaviour ok?

Hi -

The current behavior is by design. The feature request to consider a sectioned object as a solid is on the list as RH-33007. I’ve added this thread.
-wim

Hi,
thank you for your quick reply. It would be greate to have this…

Hi @wim,

Any chance to see some progress on that one soon? This request is open since… like 2016, and has been requested many times…

Cheers

Hi -

Just to manage expectations - this is not currently on the list of things that are being looked at for Rhino 8, no…
-wim

Thank you for your answer.

It is quite disappointing. I mean, McNeel provides a very good software, with an awesome SDK allowing users to do almost anything humanly imaginable, but it fails miserably on such basic tasks.

This feature is not rocket science or crazy AI stuff, but just producing 2d drawings that are physically and technically acceptable.

1 Like

Hi @wim,
Any explanation why this isn’t pushed forward?
Does McNeel consider 2d representations to be dead by 2021?

1 Like

Nothing other than that all developers have their hands quite full…
-wim

adding my vote. this is very bad that there are lines visible through my cut solids … if i was a programmer i would sign up to help you push things forward :smiley: