Please help us with debugging a problem

We are trying to debug an issue on win64 and would like to get your help! If you feel up to it, this is how to proceed:

1. Download an executable from the following link and run it (https://goo.gl/LqZmiF) (Updated to v. 1.01). Note: You might get a warning when trying to open it. Just press “More info” and then “Run anyway”.
  2. The app writes a file called result.txt and opens it automatically with your computer’s default text editor. Please copy/paste the contents of the file to this thread.
  3. That’s it! :sunglasses:

No ‘results.txt’ after execution here.

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Driver: 4.5.13447 Compatibility Profile Context 16.300.2511.1001

Success!

done.

Hi Marcus,

Try moving the executable to the desktop and running it there. Still no result.txt? It should appear in the same folder as the .exe. Thanks!

GPU: AMD Radeon ™ R9 380 Series
Driver: 4.5.13447 Compatibility Profile Context 16.300.2511.1001

Success!

done.

Still no results. (Intel HD Graphics here.)

OK - thanks. That’s a useful result. Please keep them coming - we need as many as we can get!

App version: 1.01
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
Driver: 3.2.13416 Compatibility Profile Context 15.300.1025.1001

Success!

done.

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8670D
Driver: 3.2.13416 Compatibility Profile Context 15.300.1025.1001

Success!

done.

Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GPU: GeForce GTX 980/PCIe/SSE2
Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 358.91

Success!

done.

GPU: GeForce GTX 970/PCIe/SSE2
Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 368.81

Success!

done.

It puts the results behind the smaller window so some people might not realise it has worked…

1 Like

GPU: Quadro 4000/PCIe/SSE2
Driver: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 348.07

Success!

done.

1 Like

I updated the original post with an updated executable. @MarcusStrube Please try again with the new file.

The text file should now open automatically in your computer’s default text editor.

Vendor: Intel
GPU: Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Driver: 3.2.0 - Build 10.18.10.3540

Success!

done.

1 Like

2DCube

When you copied the text from the result.txt file, did you forget to include the “Success” part, or was it not there?

Andy

Of course, now I’m wondering why it doesn’t say any of the following:

wim - it seems to have picked your on-board Intel GPU as default. That’s okay.

@wim, are you on a multi-monitor system?

If so you should be able to ‘force’ the test app to use the GPU that a monitor is attached to by starting it on that monitor. Either move File explorer there, or if the test app lives on your desktop move it to that monitor section before starting it.

I have tested that with the R9 and HD 8670D, both are on one machine, but I ensure I start the app on a specific monitor.

edit: works only for monitors attached to cards used for display.

/Nathan

Not on the system where I ran this, no. This one is a laptop without external displays.

Now run on my other laptop with two external displays (laptop screen turned-off).
I executed the app on both the left and right screen… :innocent:

GPU: Quadro 4000M/PCIe/SSE2
Driver: 3.2.0

Success!

done.

App version: 1.01 Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation GPU: Quadro 4000M/PCIe/SSE2 Driver: 3.2.0

Success!

done.

1 Like