Renderings are now faster with the use of the new denoiser filters. These filters use artificial intelligence techniques to dramatically reduce the time to reach a high quality rendering.
The images below rendered for 3:03 minutes. The the image to the left is with the denoisers applied, the image on the right is the image as it would be without the denoiser.
Installing the Denoiser:
- Download Rhino 7 WIP for Windows or Mac
- Type in PackageManager to start the new package installer.
- Scroll down to find the correct denoiser. There are 3 available denoisers available based on the computer setup:
- NVIDIAdenoiser - for newer Nvidia cards
- AMDdenoiser - only very recent Navi and Vega AMD video cards.
- INTELdesnoiser - Good for any computer. This is the recommended denoiser for all Mac plaforms.
- Click on the Download and Install button
- Close the Package Manager and restart Rhino.
Using the denoisers:
- Open a Rhino model to the rendered.
- Using the Render command, start a rednering.
- In the Post Effect panel to the left, check the denoiser to activate.
This is a work in progress feature and we are looking for feedback on the Rendering forum.