Multiline Textobject causes rhino to crash

on Rhino for Mac (V5.3.3 5F88), if multiline text is entered into a textobject dialog box, rhino gets stuck in some kind of loop where it stops processing mouseclicks. at this point it appears to be waiting for an insertion point, but wont accept any clicks to do the insertion. the command box it will accept new commands typed in, and the status bar it prompts for the new command’s input, but refuses to let you click anywhere. its like the part of the interface that is looking for a mouseclick has frozen up.

i can recreate this reliably from a new file every single time. font doesnt matter, whether its curves, surfaces or solids doesnt matter. if its a single line, it works fine. as soon as there is a second line, it dies in the way ive described.

The latest released version is 5.5.3 - please install that and report back if the problem persists.

Sorry that was a typo - I am using 5.5.3, not 5.3.3.

i.e. the most recent build

I’m not able to reproduce this on my end…I can add multi-line text just fine in Rhino 5 for Mac 5.5.3.

I think we’ll need to have a look at your System Information. Can you please navigate to Rhinoceros > About Rhinoceros… > More Info > Copy to clipboard and paste the results back in here?

In the meantime, you might want to check for bad fonts. I doubt this is the case, but it would be good to rule that out.

I have the same problem on macOS 10.14.1 (18B75) with Rhino 5.5.3. It seems to happen when certain subfonts (e.g. bold, italic) are used. Standard font types do work on my system.