Problem with Rhino for Mac 5.4.2

Hi,
I just downloaded the new Rhino 5 for Mac Update 5.4.2, and it is not working right.
When I open Rhino, and try to make a font surface it blocks and when i try to close the app it do not let me, i have to force quit every time!
I need an old version!
Help

Hi Artemizach-

It seems like you are reporting a new bug from the previous topic, so I’m moving this to a new thread. Please correct me if I am wrong.

When I open Rhino, and try to make a font surface it blocks and when i try to close the app it do not let me, i have to force quit every time!

I’m afraid I do not understand this. I do not know what a font surface is. I’m not sure what this has to do with blocks. Can you please provide detailed steps to reproduce this issue on our machines so that we can look into the problem?

I need an old version!

My presumption is that - whatever bug you are reporting now - is NOT present in 5.4.1. Is that correct? If so, I would be happy to post a link to the 5.4.1 version. Please let me know.

Sounds like he is using _TextObject to create text-shaped surfaces… ‘Blocks’ I think simply means ‘hangs’ in this case, nothing to do with Rhino block objects.

–Mitch

Hi,
I think i was indeed a little bit vague.
I just dowloaded Rhino 5 for Mac Update 5.4.2.
I used TextObject to create text-shaped surfaces and the tool do not produces any line or surface, and after this step the program locks, with this i mean i can not select any object or function.
I have tried several times to quit and restart Rhino, but for some reason it does not quits, to shut it down i have to force quit.

Hi again Artemizach-

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Now, was this problem something you experienced in 5.4.1? I’m trying to determine here if this is a bug we caused in the latest update or not. If we can determine that - ie: if you DID NOT experience this in 5.4.1 - then we should get you rolled-back right away.

In order to address the bug, however, I’m going to have to trouble you for even more detail.

Here are the steps I’m taking to attempt to reproduce this bug:

1. Launch Rhino for Mac 5.4.2 and start a new modeling window.
  2. Run the TextObject command.
  3. When the dial appears, here are my settings:

I click OK and the “Rhino” text object appears for me.

What should I do differently to reproduce your issue?