License Key

I am a college student working through the 90-day free trial with rhino. My license key does not expire until the 31st of December, although it kicked me out and now says my license key is expired. I tried uninstall and reinstall, restarted my computer, created a new account with a new license key, and still says the same thing. If someone can please get back to me as soon as possible, thank you.

You’re not being forthcoming.
This is not your first 90-day evaluation.

I see 3 license keys and 4 different email addresses you have used attempting to circumvent our single license limit.

It seems you have determined Rhino is a useful tool for you to own…

I invite you to purchase a permanent license at:
Rhino - Buy - Rhinoceros

It looks like you’re a student. Use the Students and Faculty tab for reduced pricing and proof of EDU status requirements. EDU licenses are permanent, have no maintenance fees, and can be used for commercial work when you leave school. EDU licenses are 80% off compared to a Commercial license.
If you do not buy a license now and need one after you are no longer a student, it will cost $1,000.

Thanks

2 Likes

So you were about this before but letting them do this ( using evaluation licenses for ever ) but at the end you have changed your mind ?

No, that’s an inaccurate reading of the situation.

Much like pre V6 licensing, we relied on the Honor System for users to follow the End User License Agreement.

We tightened this up for V6 licenses with our Cloud Zoo floating license manager and login accounts.

Now we have plugged the loophole that allowed users to get more than one 90-day evaluation license per Rhino version.
It’s just harder to cheat now.

What has been surprising to me is how many students have no idea they can purchase a permanent license for such a low price, and use it for commercial work when they leave school.

In that regard, this seems to be working.

2 Likes

RH70-RXQ1-HQ34-BR0T-8RC4-90BD why is my license code not working; I have the 90 day free trial as well. I only need rhino for 2 months for my class. Someone please help, thanks

Same problem for you too.
Your initial V7 eval expired back in February.

I see 4 license keys and 4 different email addresses you have used to circumvent our single license limit, 3 of which were successful.

It seems you have determined Rhino is a useful tool for you to own…

I invite you to purchase a permanent license at:
https://www.rhino3d.com/buy

If you’re a student or faculty, then use the Students and Faculty tab for reduced pricing and proof of EDU status requirements. EDU licenses are permanent, have no maintenance fees, and can be used for commercial work when you leave school. EDU licenses are 80% off compared to a Commercial license.
If you do not buy a license now and need one after you are no longer a student, it will cost $1,000.

I don’t have the money to buy it, and I wont need it after the next two months (that the free trial will cover) because my firm does not use it either

If your institution requires you to use Rhino, they should have licenced copies available for you to use.

they just encouraged us to use the free trial. They have a license on the computers at school but I do not live on/ near campus

So are you doing a remote learning course or are you taught on campus?

I drive in for class and then I have to go to work and then I go home

If your professor requires it, they are treating Rhino like a textbook. Fortunately, the EDU price is less than many textbooks.

I have a similar issue and that is my Rhino 7 trial doesn’t expire until December 13 and yet somehow I can’t open the app anymore due to the license key not working.

I replied to your message in tech support.
This is not the same thing. I don’t yet understand yours.

Thanks

Our institutions here teach us how to activate Rhino and other softwares using cracks provided by them :joy: :joy:

That stinks !

Isn’t it wonderful? I am always amazed how many people in academia seem to think it’s OK to steal software just because they’re in the education field. Here at least, anyone caught promoting or handing out cracked software on campus risks getting fired. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen under the table though, especially at the student/assistant level.

On the other hand I do have the bigger schools buying mass quantities of licenses to distribute to their students, sometimes for free.

1 Like

If they were truly enlightened, they could buy some lab licenses and set them up in a cloud zoo account so that students who need could work remotely. It’s a minimal expense for the school and a great service to the students.

1 Like

1st world Rules can’t be applied here

Here at least, anyone caught promoting or handing out cracked software on campus risks getting fired. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen under the table though, especially at the student/assistant level.

we’re not stealers, your governments are the main reason of this bullshit, your governments occupied our lands for centuries, loot our resources and we see this an opportunity to get our right back
so take it easy !

also Software companies like Mcneal doesn’t put 3rd world country in their mind ?
why you don’t sell your products according to country income level, I’m an architecture student and 200$ student license require a full time job here for month and half (at least ) and this 200$ can be earned easily in 2-3 days

I have tried to renew my Rhino License, tried the 90 day free trial with an email, and kept saying my license was invalid or expired.
I will admit, I have renewed it a few times. I spent the entire day trying to fix this, time I could of spent on my assignment. Rhino didn’t tell me why this continued to happen. So maybe give people an explanation why the license suddenly decides not to work. If we have used the free trial too many times, give us pre-warning. Instead of wasting our time.

1 Like