Lands Design and VisualARQ denied Cloud Zoo license - crashes Rhino 7

I originally installed all the above-mentioned software on a desktop PC and then, upon a suggestion from To Zoo or not to Zoo, I installed all 3 on my laptop.

When I try to use either Lands Design or VisualARQ, I get a request to input my email address and login for Rhino. This works fine.

Next, I get a request for whichever plugin I have chosen (I “choose” a plugin by selecting a button on the Rhino interface for one of the above plugins), I get a request to login for whichever plugin I have chosen. When I start to try to provide a login, I get errors. (See pics 1 & 2)

Lastly, after I click out of the error dialogue, I get a new error and Rhino shuts down and requests permission to send an error report to Rhino people. (See pic 3)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled VisualARQ with no effect.

Can someone let me know what I have done wrong and how to fix it?

Thank you!

Latest Rhino (7 something)
Latest VisualARQ (2 something)
Latest Lands Design (5 something)
All 3 licenses have been added to my account.

pic 3

I just uninstalled both Lands Design and VIsualARQ and their toolbars are still in Rhino. (See pic 4)

Also, when I go to login for Rhino, I get another error. (See pic 5)

Should I just purchase a separate set of licenses for my laptop?

Should I uninstall and reinstall Rhino to get rid of the leftover toolbars?

Hi @Edward_Sager,
After having added the VisualARQ license to your Rhino accounts (if it is an educational license, you cannot add it to a Team), and having installed VisualARQ, run the vaLicense command and select the Cloud license mode. You will be prompted to login to your Rhino accounts, if you still aren’t, (using the same email as you used to add the license) and the license should be pulled automatically.
In the case of Lands Design, the process is the same. You add the license to your Rhino accounts, run the laLicense command, and select the Cloud license mode.
Please share some error messages if at this point you have any troubles.

No, there’s no need to purchase 2 VisualARQ or Lands Design licenses to use both programs in different machines.

The VisualARQ and Lands Design toolbar files remain in your PC after uninstalling both programs. Simply close them and restart Rhino if you don’t want to see them, or delete manually the toolbar files, located here:

• visualarq.rui: C:\Users"UserName"\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\7.0\UI
  • landsdesign.rui: C:\Users"UserName"\AppData\Roaming\AsuniCAD\Lands\Rhinoceros (64-bit)\UI

@fsalla I did the steps you recommended and the result was not as expected.

If I do not lock the license numbers to one (1) computer, it appears that I cannot use Rhino unless I uninstall Lands Design and VisualARQ.

tl;dr:Go through 1st iteration steps and you will get the picture.

Steps (1-5):

1. Click to open Rhino.
  2. Enter email and agree to terms; click Continue
    2a. Looking for license
  3. License found. Selected Login as [my email address]
  4. Browser opens and I login.
    4a. Dialogue briefly visible: Enabling license
  5. Dialogue box opens: Lands Design needs a License and another dialogue box (error) opens at about the same time: Attempted unsupported operation.

1st iteration steps:

1-5. Do Steps 1 through 5 above.

6.1. I click on OK button on error dialogue box and then a “ding” sounds and the same error box opens again. I have to click on OK a total of 7 times for the error box to disappear.

7.1. Lands Design Needs a License dialogue remains, but I cannot select any part of it and Task Manager shows Rhino as Not responding and the only way to close the dialogue is to End task in Task Manager.

2nd iteration steps:

1.2-5.2. Do Steps 1 through 5 above.

6.2. I select Login button on dialogue box requesting license; a dialogue box appears very briefly which says something about Logging out and the license request dialogue box goes away.

7.2. The error box from Step 5 remains and I click on it 7 times to get rid of it. Rhino also disappears from Task Manager.

3rd iteration steps:

1.3. Click on Lands Design icon to open it.

2.3-7.3. Do Steps 2 through 7.1/7.2 above, as per the two (2) iterations above.

Same results as above iterations.

4th iteration steps:

1.4. Click on VisualARQ icon to open.

2.4-4.4a. Do Steps 2 through 4a above.

4.4b. Error in browser indicating that 127.0.0.1 refused to connect.

5.4-7.4. Do Steps 5 through 7.2 above.

5th iteration (steps 0-7.5):

0.Turn off firewall.

1.5-4.5a. Do Steps 1 to 4a above.

5.5. One (1) difference between above Step 5 and this Step 5.5: Microsoft Defender popped up and asked if I want Rhino.exe to have access to the network. I clicked Allow access.

6.5-7.5. Steps 6.5 & 7.5 are the same as Steps 6.2 & 7.2 above.

I made sure Bitdefender Firewall allows access to everything for Rhino.exe and launcher.exe (Lands Design), but I cannot find executable for VisualARQ—it points to Rhino.exe.

I am unsure what to do next to get this to work on either of my computers while using the Cloud Zoo.

Is there anyone who can point me to the mistake I must have made?

Thank you.

Step 2:
Step 2

Step 2a:

Step 3:
Step 3

Step 4, end of:
Step 4 (post)

Step 5:

Step 7.1:

Step 7.2:
Step 7.2

Step 4.4b:

I just realized that this request might be more appropriately placed on the Zoo License Management Discussions.

If this needs to be moved, is there a way I can move it to the Zoo License category?

Hi @Edward_Sager,

I’ve been investigating, and I’ve concluded that the problem is a change in Rhino 7 SR19 that has probably broken Cloud Zoo support for third-party plug-ins. I’m currently reporting this bug to McNeel.

In the meantime, you can rollback Rhino 7 to SR18 if you want to use VisualARQ or Lands. Here is the official download link:
https://files.mcneel.com/dujour/exe/20220504/rhino_en-us_7.18.22124.03001.exe

Enric

1 Like

Thank you so much! I kept thinking it was either me or my computers.