VisualARQ --- freezes after updates

Hi. My VisualARQ keeps freezing when I want to add an Space in my model. For a time it hasn’t had a problem with walls, now, if I try to move/split/copy/delete an wall, the Rhino freezes like it got in some kind of infinite cycle. I own a few plugins (landsDesign, VisualARQ, Orca3D, and a few grasshopper addons). What I observed is that Rhino updated yesterday, and LandsDesign a few days ago. Haven’t used the software for a month, but till a month ago, it was ok. Something happened. I attached the SystemInfo data also. Same behavioral on multiple files. (new and old).
Please help me understand what happened. Did I mess something up, or the updates keep crashing my files? Thank you.

Rhino 7 SR28 2023-2-27 (Rhino 7, 7.28.23058.03001, Git hash:master @ 4ffc5d7156fbccf2a5d9fcc80e522b3851bc7f6c)
License type: Educational, build 2023-02-27
License details: Cloud Zoo

Windows 11 (10.0.22621 SR0.0) or greater (Physical RAM: 16Gb)

Computer platform: DESKTOP

Standard graphics configuration.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (NVidia) Memory: 4GB, Driver date: 12-22-2022 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 528.02
> Accelerated graphics device with 4 adapter port(s)
- Windows Main Display attached to adapter port #0

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On
Graphics level being used: OpenGL 4.6 (primary GPU’s maximum)

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: High

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 12-22-2022
Driver Version: 31.0.15.2802
Maximum Texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 16384 x 16384
Total Video Memory: 4 GB

Rhino plugins that do not ship with Rhino
C:\Users\necul\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\NVIDIADenoiser\0.4.3\NVIDIADenoiser.Windows.rhp “NVIDIADenoiser.Windows” 0.4.3.0
C:\Users\necul\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\IntelDenoiser\0.6.4\IntelDenoiser.Windows.rhp “IntelDenoiser.Windows” 0.6.4.0
C:\Program Files\Pachyderm_Acoustic\Pachyderm_Acoustic.rhp “Pachyderm_Acoustic” 1.0.0.0
C:\Users\necul\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\7.0\SubstanceImporter\2.0.3\Substance.Win.rhp “SubstanceImporter” 2.0.3.0
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\Lands.rhp “Lands Design”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\VisualARQ.rhp “VisualARQ”
C:\Program Files\Orca3D V2\Orca3D.rhp “Orca3D” 2.0.23.0
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Tibidabo\Tibidabo.rhp “Tibidabo”

Rhino plugins that ship with Rhino
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRenderCycles.rhp “Rhino Render” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\IronPython\RhinoDLR_Python.rhp “IronPython” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Calc.rhp “Calc”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Grasshopper\GrasshopperPlugin.rhp “Grasshopper” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 7.28.23058.3001
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\AnimationTools.rhp “AnimationTools”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 7\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Legacy Rhino Render”

Locks at VisualARQ: Regenerating Graphics…33% (or 25%, or 50%, etc.)

Runned some tests.
First uninstalled everything I had: Rhino, VisualArq, LandsDesign, Orca3d, Pachiderm etc.
Then installed one by one, Rhino7 first — everything was allright.
Then installed VisualArq — tested those functionalities that crashed first time. Worked fine.
Then installed LandsDesign 5.8 — same problem. Uninstalled it, but the visualarq files are still crashed and cannot be oppened.

I will come back with some more info as I test them out.

Hi @N-Valentin,

VisualARQ and Lands Design share a core plugin named Tibidabo. Lands 5.8 includes a newer version than VisualARQ 2.12, so when you installed Lands, it has been updated. Uninstalling Lands does not revert Tibidabo to the previous version (this is how Windows Installer works).

Can you send us one of those files to visualarq@asuni.com?

Thanks,

Enric

Hi. Sure and sorry. I was away for a few days. I think I edited the file after reinstalling everything, so it might not have the problem anymore (and the elements of landsDesign disappeared). Also, sometimes the exterior layers of walls disappear. I found that the solution is to go into a new file, and import the old file (but it’s not always working - 75% out of time, it works). Can you please guide me why this problem appears? I’m trying to make my wall layers as close to reality as possible to obtain the best possible result in quantities of material.
The current file has the systemInfo attached.
I’m willing to help in the future if needed.

Thank you. :slight_smile:
Good day

2023.03.17—concepte2_rectificat.3dm (9.27 MB)

currentSystemInfo.txt (2.97 KB)

I have the same problem. I bought and installed Lands Design yesterday, after which VisualARQ started freezing (CPU usage went up dramatically) when editing my model. Uninstalled both packages and reinstalled only VisualARQ and now everything works fine. I’m going to mail you the file, wishing for a quick solution so that I can use Lands Design.

Hi @studioselva,

It looks like there is a problem between VisualARQ 2.12.6 and Lands Design 5.8. This problem is fixed in the upcoming VisualARQ version (2.13), which I will send you now in a PM so that you can keep working.

1 Like