Issue Importing IFC with VisualARQ

visualarq
unhandled

(Justinitehrani) #1

Hi I’m having trouble importing an IFC file into Rhino using VisualARQ. I downloaded what I believe to be version 2 of VisualARQ as another thread recommended but I’m still having issues. I know the IFC file originated from ArchiCAD if that has anything to do with it and I included a link to a video showing how I tried to import it.

Justin

(Enric Marquès) #2

Hi @justinitehrani,

I cannot see the video. I don’t know if it is a problem on my browser or in the video. Please, could you send it to visualarq@asuni.com?

In order to open an IFC file using VisualARQ, make sure that VisualARQ is loaded (run any VisualARQ command before opening the IFC file).

Regards,

Enric

(Justinitehrani) #3

Enric,

I gave what you recommended a try and it still came up with the same issue.
I uploaded a video to youtube this time. https://youtu.be/TOh_1CYPGNE

Justin

(Enric Marquès) #4

Hi,

Now I see the problem: VisualARQ is crashing when you try to import this IFC file. Can you send me the IFC file to visualarq@asuni.com? Is that is not possible, please, send me the file “RhinoCrashDump.DMP” (the DMP file, not the 3DM) that will appear in the desktop. Take into account that the DMP file will be automatically deleted after closing the crash dialog, so make a copy.

Regards,

Enric

(Justinitehrani) #5

Sent

Hi Enric,

I have the same problem while import ifc file into Rhino. After a few minutes, Rhino just crashed. The ifc file only 11mb, so I assume it’s not because the file size.

Could you please help me with a solution?

Thanks.

@hurriarc we have compiled a new release of VisualARQ 2 (2.0.18) that fixes this error. You can dowload in this link: https://visualarq.s3.amazonaws.com/download/visualarq-2.0.18.11993-rhino5-x64-setup-snapshot.msi
Regards,

(Przemysław Doliwa) #8

Hi Francesc,

side question, is there any ETA of VA for v6?

@D-W We are currently working on the VisualARQ version for Rhino 6, but we can’t say yet when it will be released. Take a look at this post for more details: Test VisualARQ in Rhino V6