How to transform the hexahedron meshing to tetrahedron meshing?

I have used perlin noise to generate a 3d noise volumn, just like the top of the following pic, and Im really getting into trouble in how to transform this hexahedron meshing to tetrahedron meshing like the bottom, does anyone know how? it’s urgent!!!

Best
Vanessa

Triangulate it, subdivide it (optional) and smooth it. Maybe you will need to clean the mesh as well.

[Triangulate] gh component, [Loop Subdivision] and [Laplacian Smoothing] weaverbird components.

Try with Blender

Hey, Sincerely appreciate your response
Here’s my attempt by following your steps

It’s exactly approaching to what I need, but here are some bugs I can really hard to get rid of.

I’ve tried smooth it by different level, but it dosen’t look better.
I’m thinking if I can just generate the desired result from those points?

Any idea? looking for more suggestions.

After triangulate the mesh, clean it. This means remove duplicated vertices, unify normals, etc. Try the [Mesh WeldVertices] component of MeshEdit. If it gives you a warning, try to first use [Align vertices] component. Play with their tolerances.

This kind of meshing can give you edges that share more than 2 faces, you must to avoid that.

Depends of the resolution of the mesh, but I think here you should smooth it before subdivide it.

The deconstruct - construct mesh doesn’t do anything.

It looks better, but the problems are still there

The deconstruct and construct mesh is just for solving “invalid mesh” problems for unknow reasons in rhino6

Anyway, maybe the only way is increasing the density of points?

Here’s my testing file.
test.gh (46.7 KB)

That file doesn’t have the points, it is just a simple mesh box.

Join to this group and download MeshTools, it has a Voxel component. You can not do what do you want having inner faces.

Thank you, I will join this group later, here’s the file including the points.

test.3dm (1.4 MB)

Wow, that’s cool!! sincere thanks!

Dendro is also able to the job

test (1).gh (44.8 KB)

Most of the time for such thing you use isosurfacing (Millipede is good at that)

1 Like

Hi, thanks for reply
I‘ve tried your solution, and I got a almost same result as your demo. It looks much better and smoother than the previous approach
but I dont know how to envelop theose isosurface, which is the C# Script part
Could you tell me how to do that?

The c# is mesh isosplitting

It is nice for visualisation but there are still problem to join meshes on the edge

Search also Monolith it is the new millipede

Appreciate your help, I’ve properly solved that by millipede.
But here emerges another question, as shown in the pic, these isosurfaces generated by Perlin noise 4d can’t generate a consecutive surface.

I think maybe I have to use another function to generate that isosurface, but the randomness and linear variation of Perlin noise just satisfied me, further more, I can generate the transforming process of the surface by changing the time of Perlin 4d.

emmm, Im quite trapped again, do you have any good idea?

If you want just one volume or one surface you have to find another strategy. You can choose this one that is separating in volume in 2 parts

So you have cells cubes, voronoi, tetraehedrons … then you suppress some of the faces …

No more idea at the moment !!

I got that
Thank you very much !!