How do I install Hoopsnake on Rhino 7?

Command: _Grasshopper
An error occured during GHA assembly loading:
Path: C:\Users\fcdqu\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\anemone1.gha
Exception System.IO.FileLoadException:
Message: Could not load file or assembly ‘file:///C:\Users\fcdqu\AppData\Roaming\Grasshopper\Libraries\anemone1.gha’ or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

One of the ways this can happen is if the gha is blocked. Can you post a screen shot of the dialog when you right click on the gha and choose properties?

1 Like

I mentioned that four days ago:

But that ‘Unblock’ checkbox (not “Unlock”) is confusing. For me, the unchecked box and warning are visible, even though Anemone has always worked.

That is because GH is performing memory loading of your blocked gha as a hack to get around the problem that users don’t know about blocked files downloaded from the internet. This is also something that the package manager solves. The memory loading hack can be enabled/disabled by running GrasshopperDeveloperSettings.

I am still hoping to see what Francensco’s screen looks.

1 Like

Wow, I wasn’t aware of that and don’t recall ever checking that 'Memory load…" checkbox. Not simple!

gds

It is not simple and not something that users should modify. You didn’t check that checkbox as checked is the default state.

Here it is:

Close rhino, click on that “Unblock” checkbox and restart Rhino. I’m hoping that will make a difference

2 Likes

Steve!!! :pray:

I completely glitched… I thought that that checkbox unchecked = unlocked. But i forgot i actually had to click it. Thank you.

1 Like

The irony of all this is that @mikaelmihranian didn’t need a looping component at all. Like many people new to GH, he didn’t realize how GH operates on lists and data trees so assumed iteration (looping) was required when often it is not.

When it is required, however, Anemone works GREAT!

Does that mean the “Memory load…” checkbox in GrasshopperDeveloperSettings is not checked on your machine? I wonder how that jhappened?

Where do I access the memory load setting? Will get back to you once I find it.

Well, I just made a new post to which all this effort was directed :joy:

I have an old hoopsnake script i made a couple years back i wanted to convert to anemone simulating strctural frame growth via looping mirroring of geometry. You seem to be familiar with anemone, and looping without it, I’d love your input! :grin:

At the Rhino command prompt type “GrasshopperDeveloperSettings”.

I saw your new thread about Hoopsnake and suggest you look at some working Anemone code to understand it. Will post an example there when I find a good one.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you!

FYI, my GH memory load is unchecked. Should I check it?

It’s a moot point now that you unblocked that anemone1.gha file but according to Steve, the default in ‘GrasshopperDeveloperSettings’ is for the “Memory load…” checkbox to be checked.

1 Like