Automated Linear Frame Growth Issues + Hoopsnake to Anemone

Hi everybody,

I have this old script I worked on in 2015 with hoopsnake which I’d like to revive in Rhino7.

Problem 1:

Since hoopsnake has not been updated to Rhino7 and I’ve never used Anemone (but had a crack at it and it got too messy), I wanted to ask the community for help to adapt it to anemone, like this i may also understand it better when its layed out properly.

Problem 2:

Once I Brep a frame of the original cube, and the hoopsnake starts, it does not always select the right face of the frame, sometimes chooses a face inside rather than the exterior one, therefore not always fitting pieces together nicely. I tried applying a bounding box to each frame and use the face of the bounding box as reference for the hoopsnake mirroring but I couldn’t figure it out so i got rid of it. So I’m stuck… (preferably the reference is not on the frame but on a sort of bounding box so that the geometry/frame may be updated later to somethign possibly with more faces but still cubic).

Problem 3:

The other thing, is I’m wondering whether its possible to put together some sort of structural principle into the linear growth sequence in order for structure to retain realistic structural integrity. For example, when you start the loop, the cube linearly replicates (mirrors itself) towards the selected point(s); if the growth goes up and across, how would I make it reach a structural limit to make it go back down to the floor and back up again and continue? Im rthinking of somethign simple, such as “after 5 frames/cubes vertically and 5 frames across it goes back down to level 0 and then up again towards the referenced point(s)” or something of the sort. (Problem 2 is not essential but would be great to understand how I may apply simple logic for limiting variables to further develop them).

PS. “Reset All” in Hoopsnake before doing anything if you have a functioning version of
hoopsnake.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance!

HoopsnakeLinearGrowthIssues.zip (446.9 KB)
HoopsnakeLinearGrowthIssues.gh (19.6 KB)

Most of the Anemone examples I found didn’t require Anemone at all but here’s one from four years ago on the old forum that does.

P.S. Here are more recent examples using Anemone:

1 Like

Thank you Jopeph! Will look into these for “Problem 1”. ~

In the meantime Problems 2 & 3 are up for grabs :grinning:

It’s hard to know what’s going on in this code without these missing pieces:

missing

:sweat_smile: I think after what we managed to resolve in the other thread regarding anemone, any pluggin should be able to be added regardless of Rhino# ?

Hilarious. But you are on your own, sorry.

1 Like

No worries! Thanks for everything thus far Joseph, I really appreciate it, I will dig into the examples you shared in detail. :pray:

A fresh example of using an Anemone loop:

1 Like

Thank you Joseph for the continued resources, will add it to my homework! :slightly_smiling_face: