Continuing the discussion from Latest install won’t open:
I finally found the problem. It had to do with a bug on our license validation server. It issued validation codes that were not correct. They had a timestamp field filled out wrong - meaning they worked fine until the validation grace period had passed.
- Close Rhino WIP
- Open the Registry Editor (From the Start menu, type RegEdit, then press Enter)
- In Registry Editor, browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\McNeel\LicenseCache
- Delete values that start with “4-160”
- Close Registry Editor
- Open Windows Explorer
- In the Address bar, paste “%programdata%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\License Manager\Licenses” then press Enter
- Delete the file named “06bb1079-5a56-47a1-ad6d-0b45183d894b.lic”
- Start Rhino
- Enter your Rhino WIP license key (you can get it again at http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/wip)
- Validate your license again
- Rhino will tell you it is expired. Close Rhino
- Start Rhino again - everything should load properly.
This should work regardless of the build of Rhino WIP you are running.
Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you.