Create randomly organic closed curves

Hi everyone, it’s my first topic in this forum :slight_smile:

I’m trying to make a organic envelope for my building design, similar to the pictures of the building I’m using as reference. But I don’t wanna make them manually like in Rhino: those organic curves should be generated in Grasshopper and randomized in each floor so it’s a different curvature and organic shape in each floor.

But the problem is that I can’t move easily the control points of those curves in Grasshopper and I wanna make it like we do in Rhino but randomly and/or parameterized (edit the organic shape of the curve through a slider, for example) so I would be able to adjust the curves quickly. Does anyone know how can I do it?

Hello
you could look at this link

The main tool here seems to be a noise function depending on coordinate. You should be careful to the frequency or scale. So if millimeters or meters it will not be the same.

Hi, thank you! It worked but I got a problem due to the shape of my building: the side ends doesn’t work as shown in the picture below, because the curve I’m working with is closed (it’s a nurbs curve made from a rectangle)… do you know how to fix it so I can make these waves proportionally in the entire curve?

WhatsApp Image 2022-03-01 at 10.03.12 PM

I don’t know. I have no visibility on your script. We encourage you to post a script when asking questions.

Not enough information no answer or bad answer.