Random curves along path generator

Hi!

I was hoping someone could help me to develop a script that would generate “random” curves along a path. This is for an architectural project that is still in the developmental stages… in the further stages of the project, each curve would be articulated for different uses but as of right now I just need to give a sense of the grain. So far I’ve been generating these by hand and it has been nightmare-ish. Please see screenshots below of what I mean.

I’m just starting to learn grasshopper and I don’t even know where to start and would appreciate member’s help… thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!
Valeria!

Capture%201 Capture%202

Please see screenshots below of what I mean.

???

Hi! I’m sorry Michael, the photos did not upload for some reason.

Thank you!

Check out the attached file. It should do the trick, or at least get you headed in the right direction.

H.gh (17.6 KB)

3 Likes

TheCyclist beat me to it.
But here is a very simplified version. May or may not be what you’re looking for.
I started this one buy drawing a interpolated curve (highlighted yellow) in Rhino and set that as the curve in grasshopper.

Simple_Interp_Curve.gh (9.0 KB)

Edit: Also if the curve resultes are too tight in the change of direction you could use “Fit Curve Smooth” and adjust the “a” input tolerance to smooth the curve out to your liking.

1 Like

Hi Ryan,

Thank you so much for your help. Just wondering - where can I find the Fit Curve Smooth? It’s not popping up for me

PNG

Thanks again!

@valedejongh

Type smooth, and it’ll populate up the list a short ways.
Once you add that component I would use a slider and attach it to “f” then you can adjust it and see what variations you can get.

Hi Ryan,

Sorry - I cannot find the fit curve smooth still… am I missing something?

Capture

Thank you again!
Valeria

It is part of my Plug-in Pufferfish.

1 Like

great! thank you Michael

@valedejongh
I apologize for that, completely overlooked that is was from Pufferfish.

Thanks @Michael_Pryor for pointing that out.

2 Likes

Hmm,
can this be defined to act like this for multiple curves?