3D rendering software that plays nicely with Rhino 6!

I’m looking to improve my illustrations by rendering as much of the materials and lighting within a 3D modeller instead of photoshop. When a client asks for a change of perspective etc, if Im working in photoshop solely, it basically means redoing the whole thing from scratch.
But if Im modelling in rhino and have a vray plugin with lights and materials, then I can make the change must faster, render out, and do finishing touches in photoshop.
Ive dabbled with the vray plugin in rhino but it seemed tricky. I also dabbled with keyshot but it didn’t communicate well with rhino (maybe the new one does?) and I had to redo all my textures/lighting each time i needed to change the model in rhino.
SOOOO…
NOW my question to you…
If I were to create a good workflow for generating 3D perspectives of my models, adding organic geometry, and then rendering the rhino model and organic elements, and finally exporting a few views for final illustration touchups in photoshop…
What software would you recommend so this all flowed together? I was told to look at Zbrush and Maya (for the organic geometry), but Im not sure which would play best with Rhino in a back/forth situation where I need to bring either geometry into the other software. For example, I may have modelled a building in rhino, but it requires raw wooden trunks as supports (something that zbrush is much more suited for) or needs a rocky terrain, etc. And then I would need to bring them both into one software and apply textures/lighting.
So one workflow I thought might work is: rhino / zbrush > then the zbrush geo back into rhino > vray rendering within rhino OR export it all to keyshot for rendering > finally photoshop for the graphic details and haze/overall textures/dirt/etc
OR
??? A completely different workflow Im not seeing? Ideas?
Help.
Thanks!

I would first check out what’s possible in pure Rhino.
The Raytraced View (Cycles) can do a lot, and without too much to learn.

if you are doing buildings, then checkout twinmotion. you can create live walk throughs with it. showing off all angles of the design.

You indeed can start by testing out the Raytraced mode in Rhino 6. You can do quite a lot with texturing, shading and lighting in Rhino when you set yourself to it.

See for instance

Beautiful stuff Nathan, I need to use Raytraying more often.
Thanks for sharing , here I am looking for a rendering plug in for Rhino