2D representations of elements are displayed in wrong level

I am using custom elements for many of my interior objects and I’ve given them a 2D representation. Weirdly, they are showing not only in the level I inserted them (1):

but also on another level (0):

Weirdly this is only happening for some of the elements I’ve created and I have no idea what I have done differently… Any idea why this is happening?

edit: I’ve sent the file to visualarq@asuni.com through wetransfer

Hi @accounts2,

I think this problem has to do with the fact the 2D block used for the plan view representation of that Element, contains surfaces, while it should be created only by 2D geometry. If you replace it with a block that has only 2D geometry, the issue goes away.

In any case, we will try to figure out why this is happening and prevent this issue from happening in the future.

Could you please explain where you see those surfaces? Because the block I am using for 2D representation of the stool “Hocker-2D” only contains curves and a hatch as far as I can see. I’ve tried a test with a new definition with just a circle that I drew and the same thing is happening:

Or am I doing something wrong with reassigning the 2D representation? I am opening a file with the same name in the Element Styles window under “plan”:

I think I’ve figured it out myself. The problem was not in the 2D representation but in the 3D geometry. Both elements that were displayed one level below their actual level had geometry that was slightly (around a mm or so) below their z=0 plane. So my guess is that VisualArq interpreted them to be displayed on both levels. I would say that this behaviour should be regarded as a bug though @fsalla what do you think?

Hi @accounts2, I’m glad you found out how to fix this. I agree, we should prevent this error to happen, so VisualARQ should only display and accept blocks that are totally flat for the Plan view representation.