Zoom command sees ghosts inside block

Please see the layout in attached document containing one block consisting of text objects, lines and hatches. All the geometry is placed within the layout.

• When I zoom to extents or to the selected block, something seemingly outside of the object bounds takes over and the viewport zooms out to who knows what. This is the result:

• When I explode the block and zoom to extents - the viewport is zoomed properly, only to the layout as below.

• Same result when I enter the block (block edit) and zoom to extents - the viewport is zoomed properly, only to the layout:

zoom-extents-in-layout.3dm (72.8 KB)

Version 8 SR4
(8.4.24044.15001, 2024-02-13)

Hello - that does not happen here- a font is substituted however, on opening the file.

-Pascal

So do you think it might be font related? Still, there is something up with the blocks - I can recreate the block anew and it will conjure something up inside the block that is far away from the actual geometry :confused:

Hello- I do see the Gumball thinks the object is large but Zoom behaves correctly here.

Any text using the HelveticaCondLightCE Light-Light annotation style, if included in a block, causes this… the style has a model space scale of 1000

-Pascal

1 Like

I could just check the file and your suggestion fixed it, thank you