I’m buying a new laptop which I intend to use for the following:
- Complex Grasshopper/Rhino models
- Simulations with Grasshopper plugins such as Galapagos, Kangaroo, Karamba, Millipede, etc.
- Architectural renderings (stills and video) made with Lumion software
Do you think that a Dell Alienware 17 R5 laptop would be fine for the aforementioned purposes? Or would it have a large amount of expensive features that I don’t need for Rhino/Grasshopper/Lumion, and which would be better suited for hardcore gamers (e.g.: eye-tracking, dynamic overclocking, VR compatibility, etc.)? If so, would it be better for me to consider buying another kind of laptop?
Thanks for your attention!
P.S.: I’m considering to buy one of these refurbished laptops from Dell Outlet. These are some of the specs I would have:
- Alienware 17R5, price (USD): $1,245.00 - Certified Refurbished
- Intel Core 8th Generation i7-8750H Processor (6 Core, 2.20 GHz,9 MB, 45 W)
- Windows 10 Home 64bit English
- 128GB M.2 SATA3 Class 20 Solid State Drive
- 1TB 2.5inch SATA Hard Drive (7200 RPM)
- 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz SDRAM DDR4 Non-ECC
- 17.3-inch FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Display
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 OC with 6GB GDDR5
- Black - LCD Cover without Tobii Eye Tracker