Wish: SplitFace improvement

Hi,
This command is currently working selecting the surface, enter, first point, second point to split a planar face
and enter to confirm. I suggest a faster option that would function like ExtractIsocurve command, (find position-direction and just 1 click) and have > toggle, angle, select 2 points and select splitting curve < options in command line.
Thanks!

1 Like

Are you suggesting that the default follow the isocurve direction of the face?
Also, how do you see the ā€œangleā€ option work?

Hi Rajaa,
itā€™s hard for me to anticipate every situation, but this is how I imagine this command:

I forgot to put in options: 2points and curve.

Hi Violine- it is not clear to me how Angle works- do you enter an angle someplace? How it the angle measured, from what baseline?

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
yes, you enter an angle on command line after you choose angle option.
I think that the baseline should be grid dependent, or world dependent.
What do you think about that?
Thanks!

I think that offset option would also be useful to add for this command.

Hi Violine- off hand I would say this is a rather special caseā€¦ Iā€™m not sure it is generally useful enough justifies the extra complexity of a command line option - can you tell me how this would be more useful than drawing a line at the locations you want? Perhaps I donā€™t ā€˜get itā€™ yetā€¦

thanks,

-Pascal

I do not know, as far as Iā€™m concerned this command leaves much to be desired.

I second the ā€œby isocurveā€ request, it would save an extract or explode and then re-join on polysurfaces.