Windows Installed Apps, leftover Registry Entries?

Is it common? or just my machine running Windows 11 22H2? it seems that whenever I install a rhino update, I still have the registries for the installed program to show up in the “Apps & Features”

I know how to remove them, just I’m curious if this is a common issue.

For what it’s worth, I’m not seeing that here on Windows 10…
-wim

1 Like

I don’t see that on Win11 here. I have R5-8 installed, with SRC updates turned on.

(22H2, OS build 22621.819)

Regards
Jeremy

1 Like

Not seeing that either on Win 11 here, but I have not yet updated to 22H2. I looked at the what’s new and it seems like almost all they added was made for tablet/phone users. :slightly_frowning_face:

I suppose I will have to do it sooner or later.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for confirming. I’ll take a deeper look and I will let you know if I find anything.

1 Like

They’ve uncrippled the Start menu somewhat, by allowing folders. For me, that’s enough to make it usable again.

and that seachbar on top of Task Manager worth every upgrade.

Well, my start menu looks like this:
(3rd party app, Start 11, Stardock)

Been using Start… since Win 8. Win 10 didn’t allow quite as much customization, but it came back in Win 11. The other option this has is allowing multiple instances of the same program - like multiple Rhino windows - have separate tabs in the taskbar. They took that option out in Win 11’s initial release, there was talk of it coming back with the 22H2 release, but I don’t know if it actually happened.

This is Awesome, I like how almost 50% of your start menu is reserved to Rhino :slight_smile:

That’s because it’s 50% of my life… ? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was curious. No video games :dart:

Nope. Never got into them. No social media either. Guess I’m one of the outliers in this case.

We can consider this community as a form of social media with less distractions and probably less madness.

You can still install rhino pong from food4rhino.

Absolutely. I have always said that this forum is my social media.

1 Like