Why can't I pick this point?

unhandled

I am trying to pick the bottom of a hole for a “point to move from”, it will Osnap to the center but won’t pick it when I LMB.

Cannot pick the center of hole.3dm (5.7 MB)

(Pascal Golay) #2

Hi Don - see if the setting in Options > Modeling aids > ‘Center snap to approximate arcs, circles and ellipses’ makes any difference.

-Pascal

Pascal,

It makes no difference.

Thanks,
Don

See how the two further points away don’t display the Osnap type, not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

If I am in ghosted mode it works.

Don

(Pascal Golay) #6

Hi Don - it may be the ‘Snap to occluded objects’ setting in the same page as before…

-Pascal

Yes, turning on “Snap to Occluded Objects” allows me to pick that point.

That seems a little buggy.

My $0.02,
Don

(Pascal Golay) #8

Hi Don - without Snap to occluded but a cleaner/more accurate render mesh, does it work more as you expect?

-Pascal

Yes, if render mesh is set to smooth and slower, this works as expected.

Thanks,
Don

(Pascal Golay) #10

Hi Don - OK - that makes sense then - the render mesh does the occluding and if it is chunky like you had it, it will cut across the actual edges of the surfaces in pretty large areas.

-Pascal

I think I reported similar things previously - even with not-so-coarse meshes… Somehow there needs to be a tolerance here or a different system, as it is not at all obvious to the average user what is going on or the remedy…

Whoa! There’s no need for name calling! :wink:

Yeah, sorry, after I posted that I thought it might get misinterpreted… :grimacing:
That was simply a general statement…

(Wim Dekeyser) #14

But I guess you want someone else to think about it then?
:sunglasses: