Weaverbird for Rhino 6

Hi Giulio, I have only Rhino 6., SR13, educational.
I installed WB using also the Weaverbird.Gh.Registrator.exe When starting Rhino, WB could not be loaded because “incompatibility” (?)with my Rhino version, but I got WB es expected in GH an the components work. I am attaching an image with the error message to see if you can help me. Thanks in advance, Jaime

There is no way to make Weaverbird commands work in V6-V7, because they were using an old SDK and they would have to be rewritten. Sorry. You can however use all Grasshopper components!

Dear Giulio, thank you for your answer. I thought I was doing something wrong. For me, it’s OK if I can use the WB components in GH. And thank you for sharing you tools.

1 Like

The link is no longer valid. I cannot find the method in the current documentation (neither rh6 nor wip). Where can I find it? Thanks!

http://developer.rhino3d.com/api/RhinoCommon/html/M_Rhino_Geometry_Mesh_CreateRefinedCatmullClarkMesh.htm

Hello, I am not McNeel so I can’t help you on the content of the SDK but it still work in V6 for me

//Catmull & Clark
        Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.RefinementSettings rr = new Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.RefinementSettings();
        rr.Level = level;
        Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.CreaseEdges ce = Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.CreaseEdges.Auto;
        switch(creasedEdge) {
          case 0 : ce = Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.CreaseEdges.NakedFixed; break;
          case 1 : ce = Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.CreaseEdges.NakedSmooth;break;
          case 2 : ce = Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.CreaseEdges.CornerFixedOtherCreased;break;
          case 3 : ce = Rhino.Geometry.MeshRefinements.CreaseEdges.Auto;break;}
        rr.NakedEdgeMode = ce;

// 3 SMOOTH
        catmullMesh = Mesh.CreateRefinedCatmullClarkMesh(raw, rr);
2 Likes

Thank you Laurent. Just found that this method is not for public consumption. But it does work.

https://discourse.mcneel.com/t/createrefinedloopmesh-createrefinedcatmullclarkmesh-bugs/67098/3?u=vincentfs

Yes, @stevebaer has been busy updating the SubD SDK with @dalelear’s input. They may be able to tell at which point this endeavor stands.

I’m confused Giulio, why did you assign this thread to me? I can’t tell if there is an action I’m supposed to take here.

@stevebaer, you’ve updated RhinoCommon for SubD, I don’t know if the equivalent of Rhino’s _Subdivide is included. @vincentfs asks: “Where can I find it?”

I just added a Subdivide function to the SubD class in RhinoCommon. This will be available in next week’s WIP.

2 Likes

I wonder how this correlates with Serengeti’s SubD regarding texture mapping, point hierarchy, tree structure and so on. Any insights?

Hi I am having some trouble installing WB for Rhino 6 Grasshopper…
I am running Rhino V6 SR23 and I’ve tried (2) methods to install WB, using the YAK method and the through the CMD.

When I drag the YAK into grasshopper with my firewall OFF I get this error message

When I type ”C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe” install weaverbird into CMD with Firewall OFF I get similar error

It’s always an API 403 error that couldn’t be deserialized.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bernard

@berniep56, I just updated the server and it looks like I broke something. Fixing it now…

@berniep56 – all fixed! Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you for reporting the bug!

Thanks Will!

Please can you tell me from were can i get new Package Manager ?

It’s inside Rhino 6 and Rhino WIP!

If you are using Rhino 6, the command to use is TestPackageManager

Ifyou are using Rhino 7, the command to use is PackageManager

1 Like

Hi, guys. I know perfectly how to install Weaverbird through package manager.

The problem is I don’t have Internet access on my working PC, Is there a way to download on another pc and copy the installation files to my working PC which have no internet connection.

Thank You

The best option that I can think of will be to download the package directly, copy to your other machine and install the contents manually – change the extension to .zip and unzip into Grasshopper’s Libraries folder.

https://files.mcneel.com/yak/packages/Weaverbird-0.9.0%2B1-yak-and-mac.yak

1 Like