Weaverbird YAK not working?

The Weaverbird YAK file is not installing on my computer. Every time I click download, all it says is that it successfully installed all packages and restart rhino. Every time I do that the Weaverbird tabs are nowhere to be found on the grasshopper interface I unblocked the permissions on both rhino and the file and still nothing. Help?

Hi

Did you manage to find a solution for this?

Best

Same problem! Any solution? (Rhino 6 SR30 and
wb-0.9.0.1-yak-and-mac-install-def.gh )

I’ve seen this happen when Weaverbird has been installed using a different method prior to installing it with the package manager. Here are a few steps to make sure that there aren’t any other copies of Weaverbird being loaded.

• Open “Add or remove programs” (or type “appwiz.cpl” at the Windows Start menu and hit enter) and make sure that Weaverbird is not installed. If it is, uninstall it and restart your machine.
  • Open Rhino and run the _GrasshopperDeveloperSettings command and make sure that there aren’t any entries for Weaverbird. If there are, remove them by deleting the text on the relevant line(s) and hitting OK.
  • Open File Explorer and navigate to %appdata%\Grasshopper. Check in both the “Libraries” directory and, if it exists, the “6\Libraries” directory that there are no Weaverbird files (in particular Weaverbird.Gh.CommonSdk.gha). Make sure to check subdirectories too.

Now, start Grasshopper and, once loaded, check to see if Weaverbird’s panel appears. If not, restart Rhino and run the _GrasshopperLoadOneByOne command. This command will load each Grasshopper plug-in one-by-one, displaying the full path. The correct path for the plug-in, when installed via the package manager, is shown below.

image-2

1 Like

I did all the steps. It did not help. WB does not appear.

Hi -

There’s very little information in this reply - I can’t tell if that means that the WB tab doesn’t appear in Grasshopper or that the _GrasshopperLoadOneByOne command doesn’t ask you to load it.
-wim

Sorry for not being more specific. Actually WB does not appear on the toolbar AND _GrasshopperLoadOneByOne command doesn’t ask to load it.

I have read in an other topic this: “This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch.” I could try this but there is no description how to enable that switch.

If you run the _TestPackageManager command in Rhino, does Weaverbird appear in the “Installed” tab?

Strangely it shows that WB is installed.

Strange indeed. Can you try running this Grasshopper definition for me?

gh_package_assembly_folders.gh (15.3 KB)

What I’d expect to see is for weaverbird to show up in both lists (like on my computer, below). Please let me know if it only shows up in the first list, or in neither.

If you haven’t already, please try installing Weaverbird again either via the Grasshopper definition on Giulio’s website or via the _TestPackageManager command.

here is the result.

I have tried agian through _TestPackageManager.

No success. :frowning:

@Balazs Darn. Can you check the contents of “C:\Users\GEP_AMD\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\6.0\Weaverbird\0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac”? Is there a .gha file in that directory and is it blocked (right-click, Properties)?

Another thing to check is whether there are any instances of “Weaverbird.Gh.CommonSdk.gha” anywhere else on your machine.

No, there is no .gha file in that directory

there is no such “Weaverbird.Gh.CommonSdk.gha” instance in my drive.

Are there any other files in “C:\Users\GEP_AMD\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\6.0\Weaverbird\0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac”?

Are you running any anti-virus software that might be getting in the way of Rhino downloading and unpacking the Weaverbird package?

It might also help to have a bit more information about your system. Can you please…

• run the _SystemInfo command in Rhino and copy the output here?
  • find the build version of your Windows installation (Start menu > About > Windows specifications > OS build) and copy it here too?

And finally, packages can be installed manually on the command line. If you’re comfortable, launch Command Prompt (Start > cmd), copy and paste the entire line in the box below into the prompt (right-click to paste) and hit enter to run it.

"C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe" install weaverbird

You should see the output below. If anything is different please copy and paste it here (or take a screenshot).

Downloading Weaverbird (0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac)...
Downloaded Weaverbird (0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac)
Installing Weaverbird (0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac)...
Successfully installed Weaverbird (0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac)

I appreciate your patience while we try and figure out what’s causing this!

The contents of “C:\Users\GEP_AMD\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\packages\6.0\Weaverbird\0.9.0+1-yak-and-mac” :

INSTALL.txt
license.rtf
manifest.yml
Weaverbird.CommonSdkSupport.dll
Weaverbird.Core.dll

I do not use any Anti-virus sofware except the built in Windows Defender

Sytem info :
Rhino 6 SR30 2020-10-14 (Rhino 6, 6.30.20288.16411, Git hash:master @ aa50c15036dbe0dbd38214d6ca94d76dbecda24d)
License type: Commercial, build 2020-10-14
License details: Stand-Alone

Windows 10.0 SR0.0 or greater (Physical RAM: 32Gb)
Machine name: DESKTOP-7SC14VV

Non-hybrid graphics.
Primary display and OpenGL: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (NVidia) Memory: 8GB, Driver date: 7-24-2019 (M-D-Y). OpenGL Ver: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 432.00

OpenGL Settings
Safe mode: Off
Use accelerated hardware modes: On
Redraw scene when viewports are exposed: On

Anti-alias mode: 4x
Mip Map Filtering: Linear
Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Height

Vendor Name: NVIDIA Corporation
Render version: 4.6
Shading Language: 4.60 NVIDIA
Driver Date: 7-24-2019
Driver Version: 26.21.14.3200
Maximum Texture size: 32768 x 32768
Z-Buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum Viewport size: 32768 x 32768
Total Video Memory: 8 GB

Rhino plugins
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Commands.rhp “Commands” 6.30.20288.16411
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk.rhp “Renderer Development Kit”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoRender.rhp “Rhino Render”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_etoui.rhp “RDK_EtoUI” 6.30.20288.16411
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\rdk_ui.rhp “Renderer Development Kit UI”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\NamedSnapshots.rhp “Snapshots”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\RhinoCycles.rhp “RhinoCycles” 6.30.20288.16411
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Toolbars\Toolbars.rhp “Toolbars” 6.30.20288.16411
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\3dxrhino.rhp “3Dconnexion 3D Mouse”
C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\Plug-ins\Displacement.rhp “Displacement”

Windows specification:
Windows 10 pro
version : 2004
insattalation date: 2020. 10.28.
Build: 19041.572
Quality: Windows Feature Expereince Pack

I attach also the screen capture after running “C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe” install weaverbird

Hey @Balazs, thanks for sending over that info, it helped to rule out a lot of potential issues. I’m now able to reproduce an issue that looks a lot like what you’re running into.

If I manually delete the .gha from the install directory (to simulate your situation) then installing the Weaverbird package again doesn’t restore it. The solution is to first uninstall and then install the package. In Rhino 6 there’s no package uninstall functionality in Rhino, so this is best done on the command line. Close all instances of Rhino 6 before running these two commands…

"C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe" uninstall weaverbird
"C:\Program Files\Rhino 6\System\yak.exe" install weaverbird
1 Like