Voronoi (3D) Ring

Hello, I am new in Grasshopper so I use a lot of tutorials from the web. Today I tried to create voronoi ring but got this on the screenshot.
Where are the mistakes? I know this question sounds lame.

Many thanks in advance.

And also I found this grasshopper tutorial photo and couldn’t sum-up what are the steps.

Vor Ring.gh (9.1 KB)

1 Like

Have a try dendro plugin.

2 Likes

Thanks for your time. I don’t know what did I do wrong but it says ‘1. Input parameter Curve Radius failed to collect data’
Here’s the screenshot. Please help whenever you have time.
Thanks in advance

Joseph

1 Like

Well… You don’t have anything plugged into curve radius. :smiley:

1 Like

Oops. But… Doesn’t help anyways.

1 Like

Post your file, The issue seems to be with your curves (the wire is orange, what does the data coming out look like).

1 Like

Here and thanks again.

V1.gh (57.5 KB)

1 Like

Internalize geometry so we can look at it.
Capture

See number 3. How to ask effective questions

1 Like

And you MUST put a radius that is 2 or 3 times bigger than the voxel size !!!

V1.gh (56.9 KB)

1 Like

Guess I did it here

V1.gh (104.0 KB)

Your Brep and cells don’t intersect, what do you expect to happen?

Change scale factor (F input of scale) to something like 1.1 (so it is bigger) rather than its default 0.5. @HS_Kim probably changed the factor internally so it is not in his screenshot.

Now it has another warning. :frowning:

1 Like

Just out of curiosity, are you a native english speaker? If not it is ok, just curious because in English the messages are pretty self explanatory. (Also @laurent_delrieu told you this two times). Radius must be atleast 33% bigger than voxel size. What else could that mean besides what it means?

Your voxel size is 0.10, your radius is 0.08. Is 0.08 atleast 33% bigger than 0.10? :smiley:

1 Like

Got it. I am native English speaker. I’m not Grasshopper native speaker. The last message helped I guess. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

And if you want some nice rounding on intersection you could use Polyline smoothing

Without smoothing

V1_LD.gh (108.5 KB)

8 Likes