V6 keeps asking for validation...?

I’ve already done that, it seemed to be successful, but every time I start it up, it asks again…?

(Is this where we should post V6 things…?)

cheers
rabbit

Hi rabbit, (@clement a fix is here for you, too)

This was caused by a bug in our WIP license creation system. It based your WIP license key on your Rhino 5 license, and because you have an Upgrade Rhino 5 license, it incorrectly issued you an upgrade Rhino 6 WIP license.

Please download again from http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/wip, and use the new license key it issues to you.

In order to enter the new license you’ll need to close Rhino WIP, and delete this file: “%programdata%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\License Manager\Licenses\06bb1079-5a56-47a1-ad6d-0b45183d894b.lic”

Thanks for the info, i’ll try this out.

c.

worked, thanks :wink:

c.

Great, you’re welcome!

Brian - this doesn’t work for me.
There is no licence key in the file path you gave me.
There is no “programdata” entry, but there is “appdata” which contains the whole path, except there is no entry in the licence directory.

Downloading the new wip, using the key it gives, just gives me the same problem…

Thanks
rabbit

Weird. Do you see anything in C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros?

You should see a 5.0 folder and a 6.0 folder - with License Manager\Licenses under each.

That’s where your licenses should be, especially if there aren’t any in %appdata%.

Oh, and ProgramData often has its contents hidden, so pasting this into your Explorer address bar may help:

“%programdata%\McNeel\Rhinoceros\6.0\License Manager\Licenses”

OK - all good.

Since I don’t have my scout geek badge I didn’t initially didn’t recognise that

%programdata%\mcneel\rhinoceros…

Actually meant

C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros…

Cheers
rabbit