Uuuhhh.. double click gumball rot / trans not working

just did an update to rh7… latest update…

in past… you could have an object selected… have a gumball rotation value input and rotate the object by double clicking the arcs… or double clicking the arrows and it would move by the input amount … repeatedly every time you double click the arrow… etc…

uhhh… something is up…

anybody else seeing this… or did a setting get trashed…

Do NOT double-click any part of the Gumball widget in Rhino 6 or 7. Click arrows, arcs, or handles once. Edit box will appear. Type a number there, then hit Enter key or space key.

thats what i was doing…arcs and arrows…something is definitely up…the behavior is different …will try my selection pixel accracy setting…

i could have sworn my gumball would continue the last input rot or trans with a double click on the arc or arrow… it just came so natural… that i know in my heart that was the expected response… something has changed… or my consciousness has jumped to an alternate timeline… as we are in cancel culture… i wont press it … because there is always someone who will remember differently… i will let it pass and just adjust and retrain for this timeline… thanks alot “steins gate”… you are screwing up my life…

1 Like

Maybe your mouse is dirty?

Yes, it used to be a thing. I don’t understand why they removed it, but hopefully SR12 will revert it back to its former glory.

What’s wrong with double clicking? It basically just repeats the last transformation, doesn’t it?

yeah…it was supposed to repeat the last rot or trans… but mine doesnt anymore… not sure why…

IT Crowd… …" have you tried turning it off and on again?.."

At least for me it does not work at the moment. I am running Rhino 7 SR11. I used to copy objects around using the same double-clicking mechanism combined with the Alt key.

Are you aware the Gumball text field remembers the last number you entered but also stores the distance when dragging an arrow or scale grip?

I’m hoping we soon get an option in the settings so one or the other behaviour can be disabled.

Hello - I’ll see if we can get this back in …
RH-66236 Gumball: double-click action

-Pascal

1 Like

yep… it shows the number … but doesnt behave the way it did in the past… i like the old way… lets get it back… but i am sure that some would rather the option to toggle such behavior on and off…

double clicking arrows or arcs to repeat trans or rot… worked very well for me… very fast… i would like the behavior back again… its obvious they are aware that it did exist… so somehow it got missed… hopefully we can get it back… i am not liking this timeline i am on… ha ha…