Usage stats?

Is there any way to get a summary of my most used commands per session or over a period of time?

I’d be really interested to know what my most go-to commands are…

A

Not quite what you asked for but this tracks how many mouse clicks and also gives you a keyboard heatmap of most typed keys etc. Works well… Michael VS

Not really a counter but you could see the most recently used command icons in a toolbar by enabling:

Options / Toolbars / Size and Styles / Visibility / Last used buttons visible

btw. there is also _PopupPopular but it is not really up to date when showing popular commands used.

c.

Hi Andrew- it may not be a very rigorous report, but the PopUpPopular command will show you the 15 most used commands sorted by ‘popularity’ I do not know off hand if this is per session or more global…

-Pascal

A good way to get a visual of commands used is with the multiple undo dialog… now if we could copy the contents to the clipboard, maybe we could script something with the list?

thanks everyone. I think popup popular should do the trick. from my initial investigation it looks like it’s per session.

A

Hi @Andrew - Dale Fugier ( @dale ) , in a moment of weakness, cooked up a plug-in for this last week - I’ll attach the installer here - unzip and double click the rhi file to install, with Rhino closed. It adds this command:

CommandTracker

It has a couple of command line settings.

CommandTracker.zip (4.3 KB)

-Pascal

1 Like

ooh, very exciting! Thanks Dale! Thanks Pascal!

------ follow up ------
i fdidnt read your post properly and dragged the rhi onto the rhino window. I got the message:
This package is not compatible with thr Rhino Installer Engine.

I reread your message and double clicked the rhi instead but i still get the same message…

Drag & drop the attached.

CommandTracker.rhp (9 KB)

If anyone is interested, you can find the source code here:

1 Like

Hi Dale,

I’m keen to try out your command tracker but it won’t load with drag and drop or install from the plug-in dialog:

Version 5 SR9 64-bit
(5.9.40609.20145, 9/06/2014)

I had previously tried the rhi version with the following error, and wonder is something here has blocked the rhp?

Working now with the rhi installer … Version 5 SR10 64-bit (5.10.41015.17045, 15/10/2014)

Thanks @dale for a way to track used commands with a counter which can be turned on or off. This will a good tool to determine how to arrange or tune-up toolbar button placement, when customising the UI.