Hi, let me first say that Rhino+Grasshopper navigation with trackpad is really working nicely now and it is a pleasure to use it on Mac.
I have three questions however, and I don’t know where else to post them.
- Is it expected behaviour that right-click (or two finger tap) on a selection of multiple components will only give the options for the single component under the cursor? I was hoping for something akin to the palette appearing that would apply to all selected components. The palette used to be a satisfying hit on the spacebar, but is now (for a while!) inconvenient to access.
- CTRL+left click in other applications gives the context menu, but not on Grasshopper components. Could this be made to happen? Or would it break something else?
- Click & drag + Option duplicates components, but for some reason not a Scribble. Is this on purpose? It would be nice if that worked the same way.
Many thanks in advance for your responses.
Thanks @BrianJ, appreciate the feedback.
- This is great. I even see that it works outside of the selection border. It seems that with this menu, the radial menu (which I above mistakenly called the palette) has become obsolete?
- There is no absolute need for this, but in other applications I find myself switching between two-finger tapping and Control-clicking (I personally find the latter less straining). It is Apple’s UI guidelines that set out that contextual menus are invoked that way: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/macos/menus/contextual-menus/
- Thanks for addressing this.
You can still get the radial menu with a middle click but I’m not seeing a way to get the trackpad to do one. It looks like all the same tools are there but it’s not as pretty.
Hey @BrianJ and @06nH , you can still get the radial menu using option+space (or alt+space) on Mac.
As for getting the context menu with control+click, we should get that wired up. I’ve created RH-59829 to look into to doing that.
Thanks for the responses.
Thanks Curtis! This is good to know.
RH-59829 is fixed in the latest WIP