Troubles with text

I am having constant problems working with texts.
Whenever I work with text that was previously edited or imported from rtf file it remembers the changes only for current edit.
If I try to edit it once again it jumps to it’s ancient settings making me redo all the changes over and over, which is a misery for complex texts.
To be specific: it will not remember neither the font type, nor the cursive, boldness etc.

Just for the record, what is the first line of _SystemInfo?

I know what you mean :slight_smile:
I keep my system updated, always.
Rhino 6 SR10 2018-10-23 (Rhino 6, 6.10.18296.11021, Git hash:master @ 8f369631e4ea2149f6415ec3bb4689e5dc18acb6)

Sure, this just helps with creating the YT item :slight_smile:

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-49154

Thanks.
I tested this on two different files. Same troubles.

On top of the problems: it just crashed editing the text (trying to change the font type).

Hello,
We’re having problems with certain fonts. Would you mind sharing your files with us?

I have troubles with Myriad Pro and Gill.
I can send you files later.

Thanks

To help you, do the simple test.
Create a sentence where half of it is light and the other half is made with standard text (change the font type). Use both Gill and Myriad.
Make changes, close session, reopen, check if those changes are still there.
PS Myriad is my corporate font. I have to use it :slight_smile:

I cannot reproduce that specific problem. Could you share a file you made? To make sure I’m using the exact same fonts is it possible to share those as well?

This is really strange, and I often ask myself whether the problem lies in Rhino or my odd software&hardware combination: Windows on Mac and that stuff messing with fonts.
Today I was working on a file where this problem previously appeared, but this session had no issues while they appeared in a second file.
I will check it tomorrow if it’s still there and send you the file.

Here is the sample of the text that behaves odd.
It is set to be Myriad Pro, no bold, but once I start adding anything (backspace even) it immediately applies itself boldness.
text with problem.3dm (49.6 KB)
It is faaaar from origin so Zoom Extend to find it.
I also had a text sample where I couldn’t uncheck cursive.

RH-49154 is fixed in the latest Service Release Candidate