Tried to use visualarq inside revit and only could transfer furniture

Hello everyone,

I tried using the new definition from visualarq to transfer geometry to revit. Unfortunatelly it only transfered furniture instead of all things. Anyone knows what I am doing wrong?

Versions:

Revit 2023, RiR 1.7.8

anyone?? I fortgot to mention, the script is this new one:

I recall them releasing new features that included what you’re looking for.

the problem with direct shape importation is because of the lack of information and possibilities for technical drawing further on… If i could export the visualarq elements with IFC information it would be way better for further documentation

Hello @Leonardo_G_Pate,

I’ll write you a PM so we can meet to see what is going on.

If you mean attribute changes to Rhino geometry (VisualARQ) in Revit, that appears to be impossible. I’ve been waiting for a VisualARQ feature that fully integrates with Revit for at least five years. VisualARQ’s development appears to be extremely slow.

1 Like

I agree.

+1 I think they work on Visualarq at the free-time weekends

Hi @anon66739973, if you are talking about display attributes, unfortunately, there are no native components in Grasshopper to retrieve the attributes from Rhino/VisualARQ objects, and therefore it is not possible to automatically assign them to Revit components in GH.

McNeel has implemented this feature in future versions of Rhino and Grasshopper so we will take advantage of this enhancement to transfer attributes from VisualARQ objects to Revit objects.

IFC has always been there as an option to tranfer Rhino/VisualARQ models to Revit, despite its limitations and the poor support Revit has always shown to IFC. The interoperability Rhino-Revit via Rhino.Inside is very recent. It’s been a WIP for a few years, but version 1 was released just last September. Also, the components that makes it possible to create new Revit types and families (I’m not just talking about Direct shapes but objects with a compound structure such as walls or slabs, for example) are very very recent.

We are a small team of architects and programmers developing VisualARQ. I also wish development could be faster but we do our best to implement the features our users are asking for. We have got a wide range of users with many different needs and requests, and it is not always possible to accomplish what they want within the desired timeframe. We keep on working hard to make it possible.

Have you considered combining LandsDesign and VisualARQ? That would be more effective. I understand that landscape and architecture aren’t the same profession, but architects do take into account landscape features such as topology, vegetation, and some building regulations.

3 Likes

what do you mean with " If you mean attribute changes to Rhino geometry (VisualARQ) in Revit, that appears to be impossible."? which changes you cannot do??

See those attribute examples:

VisualARQ objects in Revit have a very limited ability to modify attribute parameters.

FYI

sorry, but what are the missing attributes ? Couldn’t figure, I am new to revit.

Hi @anon66739973,

Some VisualARQ objects are transferred into Revit as Revit native objects; this is the case of walls, the example you are showing. Once you have transferred walls, they are Revit objects and you can work with them as any other Revit wall, so you should be able to modify what you need (if Revit allows it). Which is the parameter you cannot modify?

Hello @alfmelbev ! I’v been revisiting this rhino to revit script, tried again and it had some improvements, now i can almost get all my model on revit but still having some issues that i hope that can be turned around.

1 - doors and windows didn’t make it… none of them.

2 - Slabs are missing the thickness

3 - no material was imported from VA/rhino

4 - everything besides walls are not editable, see the images

Hi @Leonardo_G_Pate,

Please, could you send me your file?

Materials are not being transferred for now because there are not components to do so.

Some styles are being transferred as direct shape tagged with a Revit category. This kind of objects cannot be edited as Revit native objects. However, other kind of objects like walls, doors, windows, slabs and roofs are transferred as Revit native objects and you can edit them.

sorry for late reply, but here it is:

Hi @Leonardo_G_Pate,

Thank you for the file!

There was a change I needed to do due to the last Rhino.inside.Revit update. I have already made it so now you should get doors and windows transferred.

I see that the thickness value in the slab style is 0.02 m. This is the value which is being transferred to Revit as Revit only supports thickness value defined in the type, not in the object itself. If you change the slab layer thickness to 0.2 m, you will get the expected result in Revit.

Here you have the updated version: https://www.food4rhino.com/en/resource/visualarq-objects-revit?lang=en