Topography and subregions

Hi,

I have a rhino file with 3d surfaces of different types modelled from data in grasshopper (grass, roads…). I would like to transfer these surfaces in revit as a topography with subregions.

I tried as directshapes but it gives me triangulated faces in revit (trimmed surfaces in rhino)
Then I tried to create the topography in revit from rhino (topography from points). It works but I have absolutely no idea if it is possible to create subregions from grasshopper. (or split it)

Has anyone worked on something similar ?

Thanks

hmm, i haven’t worked in Revit topography in a while but if i recall it prefers topo lines with an even dispersion of points. The old trick was to convert the lines in Autocad to a revision cloud then back to a polyline to give an even spacing of points.

here i added 2 points at the top curve elevation and one at the bottom to create the flat parts

regions are planar closed curves that will split individually if grafted.

5 Likes

Wow thank you very much for help !
And for taking time for such a detailed reply :slight_smile:

I can’t believe I didn’t saw the regions options on the topography node, must be tired ^^
It works beautifully !

Sorry my english is not very good, when I use ‘Add Topography(Mesh or Points)’ battery, I can’t find the ‘R’(Region) connection post, just ‘Mesh’ or ‘Points’ connection post, I read RIR documents or YouTube videos, and everyone else has an ‘R’ connection port. my Revit version is 2024. rhino version is Rhino7 and RIR version is ‘RhinoInside.Revit_1.14.8557.24642’. I hope you can help me,thanks :grinning:

I haven’t used it for a while and perhaps some things have changed in the latest patches, now I use “Site->Add topography” to create the topography in revit and “Site->Add topography region” to add the region.

Cool !!! thanks Leparch, I did it using your method,So Cool!!!