Toolbar keeps resetting or change position

Hi, the my toolbars keep reseting there positions, normally i have them sit on one line straight after one another, but they keep shifting.
Can someone please help me understand what is going on :slight_smile:

Hi -

That is known behavior and something that is being actively worked on for Rhino 8.

I sincerely hope that it is not only for Rhino 8 it is being fixed, because i just bought 10 x Rhino 7 licences for our company :worried:

1 Like

Hej Kenneth -

I’m afraid so, yes.
This project involves a complete overhaul of the user interface and, as such, has high risk of breaking many things. This can only be implemented in WIPs that gradually become more stable.

In the mean time, make a new toolbar, copy the tools from the row of toolbars into it, turn off the originals, and use your custom toolbar instead.
Works a treat for now.

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but out of the 140 or so Rhino installations here, about 5% have this problem. The remaining 95% never experience the toolbar issues. For those 5%, they’re going to be glad to hear this is being addressed in Rhino 8.

It’s an odd issue as sometimes something as simple as adding a third monitor causes the toolbars to go wonky, and once they do, there’s no going back. Even ToolbarReset doesn’t help.


Hi Dan , all - This should indeed be very much better in V8 - the way all of that is calculated has been completely revamped. I do not think the new stuff is in there publicly yet, but once it is, we hope to get feedback from y’all on how it adresses these types of problems. From what I can see it works great, but real users with all of their various configurations and expectations, will let us know.



I have the same issue. When you pay 600USD to upgrade and have such an issue and then be told oh that will be fixed in the next upgrade after you pay another 600USD it is quite unacceptable!