Toggle for OneView

Hi McNeel
I’d like to see a “Toggle” option for OneView in addition Enabled=Yes and Enabled=No - it makes it so much easier to use in macros/aliases. Just like eg. ProjectOSnap.
TIA, Jakob

2 Likes

That makes sense. I opened an issue for it here.

2 Likes

Hi Jakob -

… just wondering…
After the introduction of the Auto CPlane feature, I found that it more than covered the possibilities that OneView gives. From your request, it sounds like that’s not the case in your workflow. What’s missing in Auto CPlane for you?
-wim

1 Like

TBH “getting used to it” is probably the main caveat at the moment. I still haven’t migrated to V8 for work (unless it involves the new UV, which is great!), so haven’t really tested id much. My initial reaction is that it might serve the same purpose, although the constant CP changes (and the resulting “flickering”) is definitely something I’ll have to get used to. I rarely use cplanes (moving them around, I mean) in general, but I like turning on OneView from time to time, as it makes working in perps view only a lot easier, but I’ll give AutoAlignCPlane a shot!

BTW it actually seems that AutoAlignCPlane is missing the very same toggle option, requiring either enable or disable, in the prompt :joy:

Regards, Jakob

Hi Jakob -

AutoAlignCPlane doesn’t have an explicit Toggle option for the Enabled setting but you can toggle the command with the following macro:

AutoAlignCPlane Enabled Enter

-wim

Is there a reason some commands have the enable / disable / toggle option and others only have enable?

The whims of a developer?
-wim

1 Like

I reckon it’s just plain oversight, as the written prompt in AutoAlignCPlane is the same as OneView. In Rhino 7 there are some commands that have Yes No Toggle, but in the WIP it seems to have been replaced by Enabled=Yes and Enabled=No and using Enabled as the toggle switch.
-Jakob

1 Like

Just FWIW - there is no way, in the code, to “globally” change the behavior of all similar commands. When a command changes, it’s because that specific command is altered by a specific developer.
-w