Subd challenge model

this is from the subd challenge I put up on june 23rd 2020-

full build video time lapse in editing now!

24 Likes

Great hehe !

Show off!

Actually I’m just kidding (and jealous) and can only hope to glean some of your talent from such great videos. Thanks!

1 Like

Ha! ,
To be fair, it my job to be a Professional show off! :slight_smile:

(And help people become show offs themselves!)

4 Likes

I guess my reply makes me a Professional SmartAss.

Do you remember my submission to T-Splines contest for transportation designs? It was an electric self launch sailplane and I think you and Sky were the judges. I have been thinking about digging that model up and see if I can match it in Sub-D. 

You and Sky have been great role models for Rhino, T-Splines and now Rhino Sub-D, my many thanks!

I’d remember it if I saw it again for sure!

Thanks for the kind words- we are working hard to make SubD somthing special!

Old T-Splines site is gone but found this on their old Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/tsplines/photos/a.10150266059200876/10150266059340876

2 Likes

Omg yes!! I totally remember that one!!

The year before T-Splines had a marine division in their annual contest and I did this catamaran which would also be an interesting Sub-D recreation. The hulls, deck, cockpit, cabin, windows and crossdeck structure were all one T-Splines surface on this model.

2 Likes

I’d love to see you redo those in v7 SubD! I often redo old projects with new tools so I can compare the pain points etc-

1 Like

Well after 10 years since I did those, hopefully some of the pain will have gone away… Thanks Kyle, I’ll give it a go.

1 Like

is this video available?

it’s available on the official rhinoceros channel on youtube. you find lots of other tutorials on this channel. subscribe to not miss anything in the future.

1 Like