Structural Rebar

Hi!

I want to use RhinoInside to model structural rebar in Revit. My wish is to use Grasshopper for modeling the lines where the reinforcement should be, then bake them into Revit. So far I’ve been somewhat successfull by using ‘AddDirectShape.ByGeometry’ (see attached files), where the lines have been baked into Revit and placed in the ‘Structural Rebar’-category. However, this method does not account for the shapecode for the rebar (00, 11, 21 etc.) or the rebar type (ø8, ø12, ø16 etc.). I have not found a way to add this information to the rebar instances after baking them.

Is there a proper way for modeling structural rebar by using RhinoInside at this time?

Thanks,
Eirik

Structural Rebar.zip (430.9 KB)

2 Likes

@lindgren.eirik great question!

I really want this also.
Please make this happen.

Added this to the list of new components for Rhino.Inside.Revit

3 Likes

@eirannejad

Fantastic! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Ehsan, did you manage to create the component, it is realy important for structural engineers.

Thanks,
Marius

Hi Marius, That feature request is still open. Is there anything i can add to it? What are the key components of your workflow?

There are a number of Create methods with lots of variables. Rebar Methods

I think “CreateFromRebarShape” would be best, as we can draw the shape and add the rebar type from Revit. Thanks!