Split & Boolean failed


#1

Hi @Pascal, in attached V5 file, boolean subtraction of the polysurface from the surface failed, as well as splitting the surface with the Polysurface. I found no reason so tried in V4 where it worked. Maybe this is a bug.

SplitBoolBug.3dm (284.3 KB)

c.


(Pascal Golay) #2

Thanks, Clement, I’ll check it. To troubleshoot these the best is to
Intersect the objects and see what the resulting curves (if any) look
like… that will usually indicate where the problem lies- intersector
problem or surface problem like gaps or incomplete intersections.
I’ll take a look.


(Pascal Golay) #3

Clement, for now, ShrinkTrimmedSrf on the closed object to make Intersect come up with a clean curve, but this looks buggy to me- thanks for sending it in.

-Pascal


#4

thanks, i did not investigate that far, it`s originating from our lab. Btw, the untrimmed faces do not look so bad, strange.

thanks,
c.