Slab, wall join, VisualArq 2.0

This is the same wall with baseboard (all elements as a wall layers):

Cheers, Jaro

So you place two slabs (structural layers + finish layers) on top of each other?
I thought that wasn’t possible, but that also opens possibilities.

What happens when you move the wall? Do you have to extend the wall again?

How do you create the baseboard layer in a wall style?

Hello,
Yes, there are 2 slabs, but I think there could me more, for suspended ceiling, for example. The extension is connected to a boundary element, as long as it exists the wall “remembers” it. So, when you move or modify the boundary, the wall gets modified:

You can add an layer to a wall definition, and it can be a baseboard. But I don’t use it this way, it’s too complicated. You have to know exact height of the wall and thickness of the floor, as the baseboard dimensions are just numbers, not a calculation. I mean, you can set both offsets for the baseboard layer which is “LISTWA” in my case :wink: The bottom one is for floor thickness (quite easy to change, all you need is the geometry of flooring slab), but the top one is the most tricky. As I said, you have to know the height of wall, then from this value you have to subtract a sum of flooring and baseboard heights, it works like this:

And by the way, @fsalla I would have a small wish request: would it be possible to block extension of some layers of a wall? I mean, extending the wall destroys any offsets, all layeres are are equally extended, despite of the wall definition. The option to block some layers would be very useful, let’s say at the definition window there could be a “tick” to keep offset or not. Or even there could be an option to set a separate height for each layer?
And that’s why there is much easier way for baseboards, I just use a linear elements. Extending walls can destroy all settings.
Cheers, Jaro

1 Like

Hi Jaro, I missed this request. I’ll add it to our wishlist. But if the goal behind it is having an easier way to create baseboards, we will put the efforts on a better way to generate baseboards, rather than using wall layer offsets.

Hi @enric @fsalla, are there any news on this feature? Any schedule? Any concrete info would be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi Silvano, do you mean the wall-slab, wall-roof intesections? that’s planned for VisualARQ 3, but I don’t know when we will release it.

1 Like

Hi @fsalla , yes. That is what I meant. Thanks for the info.

Slabs and Beam (i.e Reinforced Concrete Structure) also should be joined automatically as well…

Hi @archist97,

I will add this to our wishlist with your vote.